39). TICK TOCK AND GOES THE CLOCK

"This can't be a placebo. How can this be happening ? I'm sure there's some proper explanation." Skyler boomed jerking his arms as he Ian and Ash walked out passing the school gate.

   "Sky, we saw it by our own eyes. The instrument wasn't working and Langastri clearly said it only work when the medicine has an active ingredient !" Ian said clutching onto her bag and walking in between her boyfriend and best friend.

    Skyler pouted, making funny faces. "Seriously I don't get anyone of it. I think we should ask Dylan about it."

    "Oh come off it !" Ash snapped pushing back her hair

    "Oh come off it !" Ash snapped pushing back her hair. "Placebos are given to cancer patients sometimes. It's a part of thier treatment !"

  Ian turned to face her. "And at this time when Mom is counting days ? Don't you remember, they said about increasing her treatment to give her some more time and Dad refused for that ? So you think they were planning to do it using Placebos ?"

  Ash rolled her eyes while Skyler just watched trying to put two and two together.

   "Iinoo, trust me I freaked out same like you but think about it, doctors can't make this stupid mistake. If they are giving her placebos they must be sure about it."

    She waited for Ian to take her side and even looked towards Skyler for help but both of them looked to much skeptical. She sighed adding up further.

    "Fine, maybe you took the wrong pack of her medicine. This could happen ?"

  Ian shook her hear firmly. "Absolutely not. Dad brought those set of medicine a day before and I asked him and picked out one leaf of it."

      They had reached upto thier car and Skyler held the door open for the two girls to hop in. Ash settled behind tossing her bag and books in while Ian got in beside Skyler.

     "Then I'm out of option how did this turn out to be a placebo !" Ash frowned gazing at the half empty leaf of the medicine.

    "This is really serious. Didn't you try on the spectrophotometer ? Maybe the instrument was not working. You know how fishy the apparatus can be in our fishy labs." Skyler made a disgusting face  that made a small smile appear on Ian's face.

   But the topic that they were discussing dissolved Ian's innocent baby smile away and the frown came back again.

    "Ofcourse I did. I checked on two spectrophotometer. The results were same. So one things for sure that this is not a medicine. This is Placebo." Ian threw the leaf inside her bag taking from Ash's hand.

" Ian threw the leaf inside her bag taking from Ash's hand