40). WE WERE MEANT TO PART

Ian Thomas entered into the ward where May was shifted, after breakfast. Just she reached upto the door, she could hear some crackling of laughter coming from the ward. A small smile curved on her fac, a little bit relief to recognize one of the crackle was May's. She knocked twice before heading in.

   "Hey, Ian." James waved at her, with his one  hand clutching a very weak May's.   She sat up lightly her face lit up to see Ian.

   "Hey guys

   "Hey guys. "Ian smiled at James and Ethan sitting side by side with May making jokes to make her feel better. "Mom, how are you feeling ?" 

    May nodded. "I'm a little better now. How are you doing ?"

  Ian sat by May, clutching her hand. "Yeah, I'm good. Don't worry about me."

   Her face fell having to see May attached with all the tube and plugs making her look more lethargic and weak. James leaned in sensing the tense sad atmosphere. "Hey do you know, May and I had been planning to head back to Paris. "

    Ethan and May grinne looking at them. Ian chuckled. "Oh really ? When did this happened ?"

    "Right now. She's coming with me. I am going to book her ticket as well." James winked at giggling May.

Ian suddenly held May's hand more tightly shifting close to her. "Oh no. I'm not letting you take her away."

  Ethan patted her head, giving her a sneer look. "Let him take it. You bring his sweetheart with you"

   Ian jumped up with excitement getting to know Ethan's trick

   Ian jumped up with excitement getting to know Ethan's trick. " Oh yeah ! You take May then I will ask Devina to come with me. Deal ?"

  Jame pouted ceasing his brows. "Emmm.... Shutup !"

    "Oh you guys !" May laughing slowly joined in by others

      Having to spend a few more time  James and Ethan both got up to give Ian some time alone with May. Ian leaped up resting herself in her arms peacefully as soon as the two boys got away. May held her comfortably not caring about her pain but caressing her hand in her brunette hair gently.  A soft smile plastered on a face, as a mother would wear when holding her child.