37). MEETING AN OLD ALLY

May woke up the next day, finding Dylan in front of her holding a tray for her breakfast. She gave out a small yawn fixing her tubes and adjusting her focus. Dylan's smiling face came more brighter in the view.

    "Dyl ? What..... How long have I been sleeping ?" She asked rubbing her eyes, feeling a dull ache in her body.

  Dylan chuckled, brushing his fingers on her cheek. "Relax. It's only noon. You had a fever last night. You weren't comfortable with all the pain, Ian gave you some sedatives so you could rest."

  May sighed brushing her face, thinking about last night. She didn't remember most of it. Only she was laid on the bed with same ache in her body and then she fell asleep, rather uneasily. She remembered the painful night she had just gone through.

    "Are you still in pain ?" Dylan placed his hand on her forehead. "Your fever's down, I checked it just now. How are you feeling ?"

     "I am fine. Just body pain. Feels like I have been hiking all over the night." May let out another yawn. Dylan chuckled again, pushing the tray towards her. She passed out a small smile, spreading her arms and taking him in. They stay there feeling so secure in each other, when Dylan pulled back, cupped her face and pressed his lips on her's. May didn't resist. She felt happy to have him. She pushed back softly, surprise to find, Dylan being gentle.

   They pulled apart and May smiled taking a peanut butter sandwich. "You didn't go to your office today ?"

  Dylan laughed lightly. "Baby, it's Friday. I had a half day."

      May looked confused. "Why ? Because of me ?" Dylan shook his head.

      "Can't tell you that. Everyone did half day. Ian didn't go to school. She's been here with you while I was in office."

     May pouted at him. "And what is that you can't tell me ?"

  Dylan flashed a chesire smile. "You will know about it. I don't want to spoil the fun, or the girls will have me roosted."

  Before May could protest further, he leaped up and kissed her cheek. Then sprang out of the bed like a monkey man. "I have place your clothes on the chair."

  May rolled her eyes, finishing her breakfast and changing into her new fresh outfits

  May rolled her eyes, finishing her breakfast and changing into her new fresh outfits. She head out and saw, Dylan in the kitchen and Ian sitting in the table scribbling something on her notebook and her laptop opened in front of her. Frtizo accompanying nibbling onto his cookies. May's face lit up at her sight. She walked towards her.

     "Morning Iinoo. " She said brushing her hand gently on Ian's messy hair.

    "Mom ! " Ian jumped up leaving her work behind. She reached to take her hold placing her hand on May's forehead. "How are you ? Is the pain gone ?"

  May laughed a little pushing her back on her chair. "I am fine, baby. Fever's gone for now."

  Fritzo gave a small bark rushing onto his mummy's arms. May cried with relief to see him. He licked her face, wagging his tail rapidly. "Hello, my sweet. How are you doing, huh ? Are you irritating Ian ? Are you.. ?"