43). TIME TO GO HOME

Ian Rebecca and Skyler rushed into the hospital towards May's ward. Thier hearts already beating into thier throats, none of them couldn't control it further. Once they raced upstairs to thier utmost shock, they found a grief sulken James settled on the couch with his head in his hands, Braddin holding a crying Tia and Ethan just standing in the corner shedding soft tears that could be seen from far above.

    "Rebecca !" He cried the moment he saw his wife climbing the stair and he ran at her taking her in his arms.

   "Oh Ethan...." Rebecca threw her arms around him but before she could proceed for more Ethan broke down at once. Rebecca pulled back.

  "What happened ? Ethan what happen ?"

    She held his face in her hands looking at his red face and puffy eyes. Ethan was crying like a girl. His tears falling loosely down his cheek.

    "Reb... May.... She...." He jerked his head towards the ward and Rebecca gasped in fright understanding at once what he was trying to say.

    "No...MOMM !" Ian gulped pushing herself forward and rushing inside the ward. She banged opened the door with Ethan Rebecca and Skyler behind her.

    And that was when she saw the atmosphere  she always dreaded for life. The scene which she wished she would had never seen.

     May laid on her bed taking deep sharp gulps of breath clasping on Dylan's hand who was holding her near his chest and May somehow trying to sooth the horrified Ash and Roy beside her.

    "Mom ? Mommy !" Ian cried ignoring everything else and jumping up beside her.

     "I-Ian. Sweetheart, you came back." May cried her face lit up as it always does when Ian was around but this time it was more worn out with pain and red with exertion she was trying to put on herself.

    "Ofcourse I did.  Why wouldn't I ?" Ian cried her voice shaking looking at May grasping for breath. "No...mom. You're gonna be ok. You're......" Ian lifted her face and yelled at the top of her lungs. " IS THERE A DOCROR HERE ! I NEED A DOCTOR HERE NOW !"

    No reply came that made Ian nearly jumped down from her bed but May grabbed her hand forcefully. "No ... Stay..."

    "Mom, you need a doctor !" Ian cried changing shades of white and offwhite.

   "May, listen to me !" Rebecca head in placing her hand over May's face. "Listen you can beat this. I know you can do it. Don't give up please."

   May tried to plaster a smile over her face but she was in to much pain to even work over it. She however managed to hold onto Rebecca hand and gripped it tightly.

    "No baby. I don't have it in me now. I can't fight any longer." She tried to speak through her pain.

    "May...no...." Rebecca mouthed in shock. Her lips trembling to speak out the words.

     "Don't worry about me. I'm going to be ok." May said with as much assurity as she can.

    Ethan crouch low and held her arm. His eyes filled with tears."It's not about being worried May. You're... we can't loose you...."

   There was so much he wanted to say but he just couldn't put it all in words. He ciuld describe the pain he was going through

    "It's ok. Don't cry sweetheart." May tried to reach upto him but her chest hurt like fire. Dylan lifted her a little and Ethan bowed his head in her hands. "It's been a great journey I had with you, With all of you. I'm so lucky I met you guys. You gave me home. You showed me what it's like to have a family."