Part 80 - The Question

Later that Night

Aniyah and Ashton finished their fourth movie and Aniyah's phone started ringing she answered and said "Hey baby" "yeah I'm good" "I'm gonna stay for dinner" "Alright! I'll text you when I'm done" "yes" "yes Kaiden" "I love you too. Bye baby" and Kaiden hung up.

She looked at Ashton and smiled and Ashton said "Aniyah, can I ask you something?"

Aniyah said "Yeah of course."

Ashton said "Why did you pick him.."

Aniyah's smile went away instantly and she took a deep breath and said "It's not because I didn't want you, or because you weren't good enough or anything.."

Ashton said "Okay.."

Aniyah said "I don't know.. just.. He was there during my break down, he's was my emotional support, and I love the thrill of street racing, and he loves it, and he helped me with a abuisve ex, he just.. he helped me escape this pain, even when he was annoying me, with the staring and the following, the stupid smirks.. that's when I wasn't focused on death, or any pain.. I was just focused.. on him.."

Ashton said "Oh.. Did I not make you happy?"

Aniyah said "No no no! Ashton you did.. You are such an amazing guy, don't ever think negative about yourself.. you're caring, sweet, funny, so funny actually.. it's just.. You live this life that I don't want to be in."

Ashton said "Like, sports and stuff?"

Aniyah nodded her head and said "I love street racing, I love fighting, I love the thrill of doing illegal things, I just.. I love the life Kaiden lives, and I wanted to be in it.. I'm sorry if I hurt you.. and honestly, I saw how he hurt you, he broke your arm.. and I was going to hurt him for hurting you, but when I saw him.. all I felt was these strong feelings and when you kissed me.. I wanted him to kiss me, he already had this hook on me.. and I couldn't do that to you.. that's why I picked him, because I didn't want to hurt you.."

Ashton said "Thank you, for being honest."

Aniyah smiled and said "I'm sorry if I ever made you feel worthless, or not good enough.."

Ashton said "You didnt, I just wanted to know why he was so better.."

Aniyah said "Right.."

Ashton smiled and Johna walked into the living room and said "Dinner is ready."

Aniyah and Ashton got up and they walked into the dinning room with Johna and the three of them sat down and started eating and Johna and Ashton we're laughing and getting along. Aniyah watched how close they've become and Aniyah took a deep breath wishing Kaiden was able to have that connection.

After Dinner

Aniyah was helping washing dishes with Johna and Ashton was cleaning up everything with his one good arm and after a few minutes they finished and she texted Kaiden saying "All done. I'm ready to come home."

Kaiden replied instantly and said "Thank god. I've missed you, on my way babygirl."

Aniyah smiled at his text, she loves when he calls her baby, babygirl, sunshine, she loves it all.

Ashton said "Someone has you all smiley."

Johna said "Yeah, her boyfriend."

Aniyah said "Har har."

The three of them laughed and Aniyah said "I'll be right back, I need to use the bathroom." And Aniyah walked into the bathroom.

Johna looked at Ashton and said "Do you still have feelings for her?"

Ashton said "I like her as a friend in all honesty. She's a nice girl, and she's completely in love with Kaiden. She loves this side he shows her, and only her, she loves his dark side too.. today, she almost broke a girls arm.. and she didnt even care, she loves the life she lives with him. I like her as a friend, she's happy."

Johna said "Yeah, I guess Kaiden makes her pretty happy."

Ashton nodded his head and the doorbell went off and Johna walked over and opened it, and Kaiden and said "Johna."

Johna said "Come on in Kaiden, she's in the bathroom."

Kaiden nodded his head and walked inside, Johna closed the door and Kaiden's arms we're crossed perfectly across his chest and his face was blank, emotionless.

Ashton looked at his face and Kaiden raised an eyebrow watching him and Ashton looked away and it was a awkward silence. Aniyah walked out and she smiled at Kaiden and his eyes instantly lit up and he smiled bright and said "Hey sunshine."

Aniyah smiled and hugged him and he hugged her back tightly. They unhugged and Aniyah hugged Johna goodbye and said "Bye Ashton."

Ashton waved goodbye and Kaiden opened the front door for her and they left. Johna closed the front door and locked it and Johna said "Did you see how seeing her changed him?"

Ashton said "He shows her his true self Johna."

Johna said "That's the guy she loves. Not the dark side."

Ashton said "Trust me.. she loves the dark side too, because.. she has a dark side."

Johna took a deep breath and said "She's the perfect mix of my father and mother.. and it's deadly."

Ashton said "Very."

Johna took a deep breath and said "Goodnight Ashton."

Ashton said "Night Johna."

Johna walked into his bedroom and Ashton walked into his bedroom and layed down on his bed and stared up at the ceiling thinking how Kaiden changed her, she's his full weakness, and that's.. dangerous.. for her, and him.

Aniyah turned down the music and grabbed Kaiden's hand and said "I missed you."

Kaiden smiled and said "I missed you too sunshine, alot."

Aniyah said "We talked about you."

Kaiden said "Oh really?"

Aniyah said "mhmm, and Jayden.. and I guess Ashton."

Kaiden said "How'd it go?"

Aniyah said "It was.. it was something I guess, It felt good to talk about Jayden, and you, letting someone know some reasons why I love you."

Kaiden smirked and said "You're my everything babygirl."

Aniyah smiled and looked at him and said "I love you so much."

Kaiden looked at her and said "and I love you baby."

Aniyah smiled bright and Kaiden looked back at the road and Aniyah smiled and Kaiden tighted his fingers on hers and she smiled bright and he kissed her hand and Aniyah looked out the window and watched the cars and trees go by and she smiled and Kaiden turned up the music and they both started singing.

Aniyah looked at him and he started singing to her, pointing to her, and poking her and she laughed and sang with him and they both felt so genuinely happy, like it was only them.. in the whole world, together. Fighting together, needing each other. Loving each other.

End of Part Eighty