Chapter 7-Arrival Of Shadowed Golden Times

Chapter 7
Arrival Of Shadowed Golden Times

August POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"Here we are, darling" Liesbet says, sounding awfully cheery at this time of evening. I'm used to be up this late. Again, one of the things I need to get used to. New daily routine. I wrinkle my nose at her 'darling' again, I'm still not her or anybody else's darling.

"I-isn't t-this t-the girls' r-rooms?" I ask awkwardly.

"Yes, I apologize for that, but there's not room at the boys' section right at the moment, after Julian. We reserved this room for a girl and think it would be better, more comfortable for you" she says. I don't know about that. The rooms have numbers on the door, and that is so official and jail-like that I just want to run away and never come back. But there are one or two guards at every door to outdoors and then also some outside. The porter having my luggage hands me my suitcase, finally but I thank him however. "This is your room, for now. Do you need anything or will you be alright until morning?" Liesbet asks.

"No, t-thank you, I-I'm f-fine" I manage to say politely even if my face is flushed.

"Good, I will take your friend now then to his room. Oh, and you do have a roommate, but she happens to be away until tomorrow or the day after" Liesbet says and takes a key from her jeans pocket. "This is your room's key. We're not completely tyrannical, you will have privacy in your rooms although you will have a schedule you have to follow. But that is for tomorrow, I wish you a good night and make yourself at home."

At home. Sorry, Liesbet...not possible. Not yet, at least. 99,8 percent surely never. Just then one of the doors opens and some girl calls for Liesbet. She excuses herself for a second which gives Julian and me the opportunity to talk a moment in peace.

"Will you be okay?" he asks, obviously worried and I'm still surprised of this side of him. I nod taking a better grip of my suitcase. "I wouldn't want to leave you alone, I mean why did your roommate have to be away just now when she's needed?"

"It's o-okay, r-really" I smile a little half genuine, half assuring my words. "It's only for f-few hours, and I t-think I can use s-some time alone b-before I p-probably have no time to myself after she c-comes."

"I'm sorry this happened to you" Julian says apologetically, like this is his fault. "There would have been dozens of girls who really wanted to come here and out of all them they had to force you, who didn't and is another guy on top of that. Although I do see why they chose...you."

That makes me blush even more m and before I get to answer him, thankfully Liesbet comes back to us, her high heels clacking on the floor.

"Sorry about the interruption. And oh, the breakfast will be at 8 AM tomorrow and every morning, and you have everything you need for now in your room" Liesbet says to me and then turns to Julian. "Ready to go?"

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Then my eyes catch the small spaces, as two rooms. The left one has some posters on the walls and otherwise seems like there lives somebody and a girl, so I assume it is my roommate's and the right one is for me then. I walk to the right one, my space. I put my suitcase on the bed and keys on the table. My eyes actually hurt. Everything is so posh and polished, how am I supposed to live here? Can you breathe? Where can you touch? What if something gets broken? Wouldn't be a surprise in my case, when I'm present. I miss my home, in Midland. My life has been luxurious and great enough since I was six, this is too much.

There is a window on my side, two windows in the whole room. A bed, a table and a chair, and a small chest of drawers...the wardrobe, I assume. Simple but so elegant and mouth dropping. After my first shock, I notice again how tired I am and look at the clock on the wall. 10.48 PM. Oh yeah, there is a digital wall clock too. With my already closing eyes I put my suitcase and backpack on the floor near the bed and rummage the suitcase to pick up my pajamas and bathroom accessories.

After I have acquainted myself with the bathroom and then changed and brushed my teeth and hair and washed my face, I drag myself to the bed. The bed cover is gold color and has big squares. How nice... Note the sarcasm. Noticing the alarm clock on the bedside table, I figure how it works and then put it on for 6 AM. I dive under the covers and my head hits the pillow fast. It's soft, dear me how soft. Not as soft as in the hotel, but still too soft. This bed doesn't make me feel safe or warm, it's risky and cold.

My eyes widen when I feel that strange feeling inside my tummy. I haven't felt that in a while, because...well, you can say I'm in deep denial of my...abnormality. I just try to ignore it the best I can, but now I'm so overwhelmed and emotional that it wants to kick out again.

I close my eyes tightly and clasp my hands over my covered tummy, forcing myself to calm down. That always helps to suppress it.

Few seconds after, I hear few shouts in the corridor followed by annoying giggling. I sigh and bury my head under the covers as well, hoping it would silence the noise. It does and fortunately the noises silence soon altogether and there is a strangely peaceful silence again. I have to learn now to live by myself and on my own. Whatever tomorrow brings again, I will survive it. I can do this.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...