Chapter 38-Wild And Free

Chapter 38
Wild And Free

Lucien POV

I blink looking at Daddy and then giggle, he's talking silly.

"Of c-course, I-I can see y-you're both here" I remark, but my face drops as their expressions don't change and of the thought about...either of them not being alive. I can't imagine this life without Papa and Daddy, if one of them...

"No, August dear, we mean...mean your father" Daddy says, and I pull my hand from his hold. "Your real, um, biological father has contacted the agency in England and got contact to ours and...I don't know how or what is going on, but they want you to contact them or straight your father. He wants to meet you, talk to you."

"N-no, no" I shake my head as I stand up. "No, m-my father i-is d-dead, I-I saw it. I'm n-not crazy. It c-can't be him."

I see flashbacks of myself as that little boy who had to watch the start of his whole family burning down with the house...the fire...the heat...the noises...the light...

"Nobody is saying you're crazy" Papa says. "This does come as a shock to all of us, and you can take all the time you need to think about it but maybe -"

"Stop, s-stop t-talking" I cry out.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

I'm...I'm just not ready. Yet, ever, I don't know. I have to go on with my day and I'm not going to spoil my week here by the news, so I block it out and ask my parents for us to just continue like before. They promise to do so, after Daddy gives me a hug that almost takes my breath away. This is home, this is family.

When I go to the living room, I find little Legacy and Alexei on the carpeted floor in front of the TV. Little Legacy is coloring on his coloring book and is telling Alexei something, to which Alexei listens with interests. His back is against me so I safely spy on them. Well, not spy exactly but...I can feel my heart flutter when I see him here and so naturally trying to fit in and interact. Like part of the family.

I blush remembering our kiss just before this father bomb. When I think of it, I can still feel his lips against mine and how it still feels right. Things have changed and are changing and I don't know how to follow.

He must have felt something, too, by the way he kissed me back. Or maybe it's something he just easily does with whoever, I mean it's Alexei Portwin and...ugh! Damn it! Whatever, in any case nothing can seriously happen. It's been fine to be together like this, on the surface, but if we go deeper, it's too dangerous.

Alexei is amazing to me but I doubt even he would accept me and my freaky side. How can anybody else accept me when I can't accept myself?

I still believe I'm destined to be alone because of it. All that soulmate talk must be a mistake. I'm still going with him, but I can't let that kiss or anything happen anymore. I'm losing control and control is what I need to not to make a fool of myself.

I join them on the floor with a small smile and give Alexei back his wristwatch.

"Are you alright?" Alexei asks after thanking me and putting it back on his wrist. I nod. "I asked Legacy to color you a picture to make you feel better, how did he do?"

His words are followed by my little brother lifting up the book and showing it to me with a shy smile. Legacy is the cutest, I look at the picture with a beaming smile which comes effortlessly with him.

"You d-did a-awesome, Legacy" I praise him and he giggles when I hug him to sit on my lap. "Thank y-you, you make m-me feel a-a l-lot better."

"You wewcome, I wuv you" Legacy says while snuggling into me.

"And I-I love you r-right back" I say poking his nose.

I cherish this peaceful moment until I see Catri again when she comes from school straight here and brings the rest of my siblings back home.

This reminds me of school. I am going back there, but I want to finish my education. Even if I do now good, I won't put everything on this job.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...