Chapter 33-Lack Of Control

Chapter 33
Lack Of Control

Alexei POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Back to the current moment, Lucien gives his brother a questioning look.

"You know, they're just talking" Roman says. "Usually when they say they want to talk and go in their bedroom, it means fucking."

Lucien chokes on his food and turns red in the face, making me smirk at his innocent reaction.

"You j-just m-made me lose m-my appetite, t-thanks" Lucien says putting down his fork with a cute glare at his plate and then Roman who smiles smugly.

"Not sorry, if I'm unable to eat because of this, I'm taking everybody down with me" Roman says and groans pushing his plate officially away. "I'm nervous, they never argue this long and like this."

"It w-will be okay" Lucien says quietly.

He's worried about their parents arguing, too, but he looks like he knows why they're in a crossfire. I can detect guilt in his eyes.

I try to act nonchalant, this is none of my business. Roman takes his phone from his hoodie pocket and plays with it impatiently while Lucien pets the family's dog Gem.

After a few minutes, most likely the bedroom door opens and we all gather ourselves but it closes again with Dan's words "I'm not finished yet".

Roman sighs dramatically. "I'm excusing myself, I'll go and watch television until they are finished."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

I stand up from the mattress and let myself fall on the bed, startling Lucien who is in his adorable pajamas. Being this adorable shouldn't be legal, he's messing with my head. If my head is a mess, everything else is too and I'm not alright with that. I think after this visit I need a break, separate from him.

"Have you been in your instagram page lately?" I ask quietly, smirking.

"No" Lucien whispers.

"Look now, you're doing quite well" I hand him my phone which is open at his account and he takes it hesitantly.

He blushes as he notes the numbers and shakes his head.

"I d-don't c-care" he says giving my phone back.

I give a laugh. "No? You should be proud, it usually takes even us a little longer to get this attention with just what, three posts." He just shrugs, opening again his book. "Well, I'm proud of you. I understand you need time, and that's why we're here."

His downcast eyes directed at the book page he's reading flicker with something I don't have time to make sure, but I mean what I said.

I turn off the phone for the night and settle myself back to my own bedding. I lay on my back with my hands under my head against the pillow and close my eyes.

Soon the bedside table lamp turns off and I hear shuffling on the bed, sensing briefly his eyes on me.

After a moment of serene silence, me noting how countryside silence is much different than the city one and being on the edge of dozing off, I hear two whispered, slightly muffled words that make me smile involuntarily.

"Thank y-you."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)