Chapter 69-As Long As It's Our Lives

Chapter 69
As Long As It's Our Lives

Lucien POV

"Seriously? This i-is something small y-you planned f-for Valentine's?" I ask stunned, when I get my tongue back from the shock at the sight in front of me.

It's the next Saturday afternoon, six days after the actual Valentine's Day we spent in the hospital, and today we're out and spending the day how Alexei planned the surprise. Almost two hours ago he, his usual crew and I left from the Portwin's chateau, where we got last night after being discharged from the hospital finally, and the driver took us to the Portwin harbor.

You know what I'm looking at right now? A yacht. A damn fancy yacht, and Alexei just claimed we're going to board and spend our next over twenty-four hours in it. It's going to move, too.

I shouldn't be this shocked, I mean he has a private jet, and whatever else...let's add a yacht to the list.

"Yes" Alexei says and thanks the driver who leaves after Mr. Holland and Mr. Fleming get out all our bags needed for this trip and carry them inside the ship. He takes my hand into his. "I'm not the best in these sorts of things, but I have done my best for you, Lucien. You just enjoy this short trip with me, we will have our part of the yacht with all the privacy we need, so let's think it's just the two of us off to the sunset tonight."

I gulp, looking at the ship and the waters despite the romantic idea. "I-I'm a-a little nervous, to b-be honest. I've never been o-on a-a ship before."

"You have nothing to be nervous or scared about, baby" Alexei says and cups my face before kissing me. "It's safe, I have been offshore with this same yacht for about two years now, and we always have a second option to safety. The weather will be fine, too. Trust me, alright?"

I nod and take deep breaths as we step into the yacht. Entering, it doesn't feel like I'm on water, like I thought I would. There are like normal, fancy rooms inside and only when you go up to the deck, you see it's an impressive ship.

We soon take offshore, and Alexei gives a tour of the yacht first. I'm speechless, he has made this decorated in the theme of a Valentine's Day. Almost at every corner, we're all over each other, with hand touches or kisses or hugs, and it's a lovely adventure, I muse. I didn't expect this much from him, but he's done his best for me. I appreciate every single detail I'm seeing already, and I sense the surprises don't end here.

I'm right. Almost half an hour later, we have dinner on the beautiful deck. Needless to say, the view and surroundings are wonderful and peaceful. We're having a nice...no, great time and I'm not at all nervous anymore in here.

After dinner, Alexei and I go to the bedroom where is a large television. We put on a romantic movie, during which we more get to making out and almost more than to actually follow the film. It's not bad, but everything about today just gets us into that mood.

At sunset, we go back to the deck and look at the view, me leaning against the railing and Alexei with his arms around my waist and his chin resting gently on my head as he's that much taller. He's already leaning down as much as he can to stay comfortable.

We're under silence for a nice moment, no words needed as we just enjoy the peace and quiet around us as we're in each other's arms. The yacht's steady and slow movement is actually relaxing, too. Alexei likes this with me and I love it. I'm happy Alexei has found this side of him with me, or dared to bring it out maybe. Either way, he's amazing.

My thoughts are interrupted and I'm almost like thrown into ice cold water when Alexei breaks the silence with two whispered words.

"Marry me."

My eyes widen and he surely can feel my whole body freeze still.

"W-what?" I breathe out, my heart picking up speed, nearly pounding in my chest.

"No, that is wrong, uh" Alexei says hurriedly and turns me around to face him. His arms stay on my shoulders as he shakes his head, and I can see he's blushing some again. "Wait here."

Next thing I notice he's gone inside and I'm left alone, completely dumbfounded. My mind is numb, I did not expect him to say something like that. I mean, yeah, he was almost going to propose, he had the ring but he threw it away and it's okay. I don't need marriage, I just need to be with my Alexei. This is enough, even if it stays like this for the rest of our lives. As long as it's our lives.

But where did he go? After saying that, why did he leave me out here? I wait, as he told me to and even if I like it here, I don't feel comfortable to just wander around alone.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...