Chapter 47-New Year With Sparkles And Tingles

Chapter 47
New Year With Sparkles And Tingles

Lucien POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

It's all a lot for me to take it in. I have never celebrated New Year's like this, and I thought we did it pretty well at home. I still think so, this is extravagant. Wouldn't expect any less in here actually.

The night is chill and clear weather wise. Just as I realize I have no idea where Alexei is and wonder why that bothers me, the rest of our gang and some others join Dawn and me, Alexei included.

"Are you okay, having a good time?" My roommate asks me when Dawn and Joy engage themselves in a conversation with Miles and a guy outside our gang.

"Yeah, sure" I reply with a small, reassuring smile. "You?"

"Oh, this is a great time. New Year's always give us a chance to start fresh, tonight I just zero myself and everything in my life to start the following year well and happy. Leave everything negative what's possible in this year that has run its course."

"That's what I do, too...well, try to at least" I mutter for myself, he just worded it much better than I have thought it through. I blush when I notice Alexei flashing me a smile indicating I just thought that out loud.

Alexei hums. "It's a good method that saves you from a lot. Hey, Lucien -"

He is cut off by Rian with a tray full of toast glasses causing a loud cheering. I ignore his frown as he sees me take a glass too, I don't want to be the only one left out and not participate in the toast.

Dawn and Joy get cuddly and affectionate with their boyfriends and fiancés, like all the other couples. My phone shows it's 11.56 PM. Many hold sparklers in their hands, and prepare to make a scene in four minutes.

Not to become awkward and feel as alone as I am, I lift my gaze up to the stars and think about my family. All of us kids are allowed to stay awake until midnight today, although little Legacy and either one or both of the girls fall asleep on their own before.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

I squeal into his mouth in all embarrassment and surprise I'm thrown into. I don't have time to react otherwise before Alexei pulls away with a smug smirk. I gasp, pulling my hands to myself from supporting against his chest.

"What was that for?" I squeak, still stunned at the sudden touching.

"We had to have our New Year's kiss now, hadn't we?" Alexei remarks, clinks our toast glasses together and takes a sip. "Happy New Year, Lucien. And just so you know, that kiss isn't our last neither public or private."

He turns next to me to look around, breaking our eye contact. I release a quiet, long breath I didn't notice I was holding and look down into my champagne glass. I haven't yet touched it and it's half empty, it must have spilt when I was attacked by...by...him.

My lips tingle even before I lift up the glass and gulp down the rest of the cold, sparkly drink in need for a distraction.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)