Chapter 55-Roses To Stop Doubt

Chapter 55
Roses To Stop Doubt

Lucien POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Kyler Debenham admittedly sounded a bit like my dad, but my dad had rougher and deeper voice. This man spoke in a different manner too.

It's been over ten years, and I was a kid back then but I do remember my father and this man wasn't him.

But I promised this morning to give Kyler a chance to tell me something I supposedly should know about, and he's flying to Flowevallie next week so we can meet.

He would have come tomorrow already even to my home in Midland, but I wanted it to be next week so we have more time and not just the weekend.

The call was short, under ten minutes. Both of us didn't know what to talk about on the phone yet, the ice has to be broken face to face and with a lot more time.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"Why don't you even give me a chance?"

"B-because nobody e-else stands a-a chance" I say firmly, sitting down with one bag in between us. "I'm happy w-with him a-and we're in a-a relationship, how can y-you still talk to m-me like this?"

"Because it's no real relationship when Alexei is involved" Brandon snaps, then sighs to compose himself and takes my hand into his own. My eyes widen, I feel uncomfortable. "The way I feel about you is much more real than anything you two have, at least from his part. You -"

"You h-have n-no right to say that o-on his b-behalf" I say sharply, cutting him off, and then stand up but he doesn't let my hand go, following me. "I-I thought y-you're nice and a-a friend. I'm sorry, but you should go n-now."

"I don't want to, leaving things like this with you."

I sigh. "Then y-you s-shouldn't be here i-insulting my boyfriend. Let go o-of me."

Before he lets go of me, he tries to kiss me, but I manage to turn my head so that he kisses my cheek.

"You're taking an awful risk with him" Brandon murmurs, being so close to me and having me almost pinned against the wall.

"It's a-a risk I-I'm w-willing to take" I mutter, staying firm on my ground but too anxious to push him away. "I am a-and will be with him, so y-you need to give u-up. I really h-hope you'll find someone who will return y-your f-feelings a-and isn't already taken."

He backs off, fortunately, and gives me a small smile. "Thanks. And I really hope you two will have a great weekend."

And with that he's gone, leaving me to pull at my hair in stress and frustration. The small smile was a failed cover up for hurt and rejection, but there wasn't anything else I could have done. He couldn't have seriously expected me to say yes.

I collapse back on the bed, still for a moment to process what just happened. And how bold I just was, this place has done things to me.

Maybe, I had the courage because I believe in Alexei and me. I don't want to hurt him by letting anything happen with anybody else. Not that I wanted anything to happen.

And just as much, I don't want to hurt Brandon any more than I have to. He'll get over me, he has to. I'm just thankful he didn't force anything. He was genuine, thought he was doing the right thing. I sensed that, and it makes me sad. But he doesn't know my Alexei.

Soon after picking myself up, I resume and finish packing our bags finally. Just wanting to be alone until I'm with Alexei again, I use the laptop for some background noise to fill the room, a series as I'm not into music right now.

I take my phone to read the e-book I'm in the middle of reading for the second time, but as I get to the first row, a new text message pops up.

Brandon: -Just one more thing. When was the last time he took you out on a date?

I tilt my head, thinking. I realize, we haven't been on any date yet.

Oh.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Alone again, I open the package and heat pools into my cheeks and a smile in my lips that reaches my eyes.

There's a bunch of red and white roses, and a simple message with Alexei's handwriting, 'to my baby boy.'

Yeah, I have nothing to doubt about. This is who's perfect and the best for me. A date isn't obligatory from a man who makes me feel special and happy every day.

Just to give my mind peace to get over this Brandon business, I grab my phone and take a picture of the roses and send it to him.

Me: -You're wrong. He just sent me this

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)