Chapter 24-Protective Lies

Chapter 24
Protective Lies

Lucien POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

I freeze for a split second but then shake my head to get rid of my imagination and go to see through the peep hole that it's Destiny and only her apparently so I open the door.

I have still helped her few times with her pregnancy thing, but I don't trust her and most of the time we ignore each other. I just can't not help her, I don't think even Candace who is her roommate knows as she's not the secret keeping type. I'm sad for Destiny. For a while now she has worn loose sweaters just in case and nobody has questioned that as it's late autumn.

"Uh, hey Lucien" she says quietly with a tone of voice that makes me frown and notice the hint of sorrow in her expression. "I didn't disturb anything, did I?"

"N-no, I'm a-alone s-so you c-can c-come in" I say, knowing she wants to come in and maybe talk or needs help as she comes here.

"I just came to once more thank you for all your help, really, and that you haven't told anybody" she says when we sit on the edge of the bed. "You actually didn't and I'm glad this place has one good person, despite everything thanks for letting me count on you. Well, I also came to tell you that this is the last time. I...I got rid of the baby."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Getting down the stairs, I notice Alexei and Dawn just coming out of Mr. Blumenfeld's office so I head towards them but freeze in my steps when I see and recognize the third person following them out.

It's...no, it can't be! After shaking my head I blink twice but still, I see her closing the office door and talking with two of my friends. I'm about to go back so I wouldn't meet her, I don't know if I'm allowed to, but I can't miss this chance.

But before I manage to move my feet to them, she notices me and our eyes lock for a slowed down second, both shock surprised and I very relieved and happy of seeing a familiar person here.

"August?!" She shouts and starts to run with her high heels towards me. Dawn stops talking and with Alexei turns to look back at us. I grimace at her yelling my real name but hug her back when she slams against me. "I-it is you, oh my god!"

"Hi, Aunt Ze" I whisper because I'm quite emotional and she's near enough so others won't hear.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

She will be around here for the next few days and I have something surely nice to look forward to tomorrow. She has the tendency of making her visits worth the time.

When she's left to her hotel for the night, I sigh and the room feels so empty and quiet without her. However I don't have time to even open the laptop to put on some noise before Alexei comes in.

He walks right away to sit on the bed and silently looks at me with an expression I can't quite read. His intense gaze makes my fingers again busy against my hoodie sleeves in nerves.

"So, August, huh?" He questions and I close my eyes briefly. Of course he heard my real names as Aunt Ze practically screamed it in the same room. I wonder how many else here now knows my real name, but luckily not my surname. And of course, he wants to know about this now. "If that is your real name, what is your real age? Are they doing something illegal with you? Answer me."

"August i-is my r-real name b-but I really am e-eighteen years old, b-born in the m-month of A-August" I blurt out quietly and glance up at him.

Why is he giving me that face? It's like he's trying to see right through my eyes, or head as I'm trying to look down and not at him. Surely I couldn't have said something that shocking.

Why does he have to know, and why does he care about if they're doing something illegal with me or not? I'm still older than Destiny and probably some others here and Alexei hasn't done anything about them!

He stays quiet for quite a while but finally opens his mouth again when I'm about to snap.

"Remember, Lucien, whatever it is you can always come to me or even just talk to me" he says and stands up to go the bathroom.

"Why, w-why d-do you c-care?"

"I don't care personally, boy, it's my job to take care of you and be for you here."

And then he's locked himself in the bathroom. I take a deep breath and open the laptop to put the same series on that has been rolling to me for days now and I look out of the window.

It's dark and I can see stars in the sky from our room and that is great, I love watching the stars. I lock my eyes on one of the stars and even if it's not working like this at just anytime, I make a wish.

I've done this and nearly the same wish almost every night since I learned a children's verse when I got to know about the misfortunate baby who never got to see this world. Here where I am now, it's easy to think she or he was lucky.

Star light, star bright, the first star I see tonight. I wish I may, I wish I might, get the wish I wish tonight.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)