Chapter 25-Dramatic Question

Chapter 25
Dramatic Question

Alexei POV

When I see Lucien take a glass of the alcoholic drinks, I almost spill my own carbonated juice as I put it on the table I'm leaning against with my arms crossed. Talking with these people and trying to listen is usually the most boring part of this job, but tonight I can't drink.

I excuse myself from the current circle who includes Mr. Blumenfeld, Dawn, Rian, Ms. Crawford who has convinced everybody else but Mr. Blumenfeld to call her Ze, and about four others and go to Lucien who just got away from us to get a drink. He doesn't drink anything alcoholic though, so he's not okay and I can't leave him alone.

One can get lost in this crowd of people too easily. This is a crappy evening. Mr. Blumenfeld and Mr. Godfrey, the manager of the company Ze brought to us to discuss collaboration, organized a social event gathering, meaning a party but in a formal way and company, today in Mr. Godfrey's office building and of course I have to attend as I'm one of the requested models to their project.

Lucien had to come along with me, and this place seems to have ruined his good mood since meeting yesterday evening again his Aunt Ze. I don't blame him, this isn't exactly what I guess he's used to see and even Ze is regretting her deal with Mr. Godfrey and his models. But the contract is signed.

Even if this project isn't to Lucien, he's still famous and a good target here. He doesn't get to be alone for long, somebody is attacking him physically or with questions or tries of conversation.

I have to admit he looks cute and sexy in his v-necked sweater and skinny chinos. But so thinks everybody else as well, he just has that quality. Cameras aren't allowed in here but there is always some who manage to get a picture on their phone.

He still doesn't realize himself just how good and famous he is, I have competition and I'm not complaining. Although, I wish it wasn't Lucien who doesn't seem too comfortable with all the attention and what else.

"What are you doing?" I ask as I reach Lucien just before he's swigged down the drink he's not even allowed to drink. I take the shot glass from him and his eyes snap to me but he relaxes just slightly seeing it's me. "You're not allowed to drink, and you're not one to drink either so what are you doing?"

"Just w-what everybody else h-here, no n-need to g-go b-by l-law or r-rules or what is r-right" Lucien mutters making me frown. "H-how much l-longer w-will t-this last?"

"If you're not feeling well, we can leave now. The main event and obligatory social time is over so we can go if you want" I tell him.

He only nods just as somebody accidentally bumps into him. He stumbles against my chest with a startled whimper oozing the stressed state he is in and I instinctively put my arm around him, making me sigh in annoyance at everything right now.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Miles challenges me to a pool match again and during the tied game, Dawn and Rian finds us here and brings Ze for an evening with us. I'm glad for Lucien, his face brightens and he giggles quietly when Ze pulls him up to stand and then sits herself on his place and drags him down to sit on her lap.

Their silliness distracts me and a loud, low cheer makes me look towards it and there is Miles with a big grin and I notice he just made a move on the game with his turn and now he's ahead of me.

I shake my head with a smirk and we finish the game with me having 2 point scores more. Miles knows like everybody else so far that I always win but I give him the momentary pleasure and pride of leading when it comes to it.

"You saw I almost won, babe, I have improved" Miles says smugly to his girlfriend when we return to the couch with drinks and he pulls her to his lap too. This place has too many cuddling lovers.

"You have but you weren't almost winning, nobody beats our Pool King" Joy smiles and I wink at her and then chuckle at Miles who glares at me playfully and hugs her into him.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Dawn's head snaps to Joy. "Definitely? Why definitely Ze? What's wrong with me?"

"Uh oh, girl drama" Miles says ominously under his breath and I shake my head in agreement.

Joy laughs but almost freezes when she notices that her friend is serious. "Uh, I mean -" Joy says hesitating, "- not definitely, dear, I just...well, you see, she's...she's the guest here and she's funny and -"

"I'm funny too" Dawn says and slaps Rian's hand away who tries to calm her down.

"Yes, I know you are, I didn't mean -"

"Hey, hey, this was meant to be a funny joke and not taken any seriously" Ze says sternly, but Dawn and Joy are way into their cat fight already.

"Why would you choose Ze over me, your best friend? I was going to choose you and this is the thanks I get!" Dawn stands up highly annoyed and hurt, and she looks being serious too. "What a good friend you are...wait! Is Ze better than me, that's why you went with her so willingly instead of me shopping today?"

Joy rolls her eyes. "No, I went instead of you so you could stay and keep Lucien company...like you wanted to!"

"Okay then, I have just one more question I have to know. Did you go with her to Foks Fourth Factory?" Dawn asks and shakes her head when Joy gets a guilty expression on her face. Are you two fucking serious? It's a huge shopping center but still just one shopping center. "Wow, this is unbelievable!"

"Hey, we did it just once and it didn't mean anything" Joy hurries to say and the chicks ignore the whistles from how this can be understood in a twisted way. "And I was thinking about you all the time!"

"Yeah, right" Dawn snorts and then stomps off and is gone, leaving Joy to bite her nails.

"I better go too, you know after her, excuse me" Joy says and dashes after her ridiculous friend, I don't think I have ever seen Dawn like that.

"She's got too much drive going on, you sure you're fucking your girl enough?" Silas asks Rian teasingly with a smirk and Rian almost chokes on his drink.

"I'm doing that just fine, thanks" Rian says firmly.

The conversation continues as I check on Lucien every now and then that he's alright, even if Ze is with him still.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...