Chapter 40-Conscious Presence

Chapter 40
Conscious Presence

Alexei POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

I had a concussion that was monitored overnight in the hospital but then I was good to leave. When Lucien woke up in the morning, after some surgery to get all the shattered glass off, he was traumatized and in so much pain that they drugged him back asleep. No better than all the sedatives and painkillers he would have suffered half awake, the rest was good.

He's been resting since, in the hospital. Since discharged myself, I have visited him every day on visiting hours and demanded, making them swear no matter what, them to contact me any time when something happened with Lucien.

There's no use denying it, I guess. I care about that boy a lot more than I should.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

I returned to work, but mainly all I could think about was Lucien. More of his condition could be told when he wakes up again, which should be today. We would be driving to the hospital by now, if it wasn't for Dawn who is taking forever to come down to join us.

When she finally comes, she's putting on her jacket in a hurry.

"What are you doing?" I ask baffled at her fancy outfit and hair and makeup. We're models here but she just wasted precious time to her looks. "We're just going to the hospital."

Dawn huffs. "Yeah, so, I can't look nice for hospital? And to welcome back our friend? And, there might be doctors there."

Rian clears his throat. "I'm not a doctor but I'm right here."

"Oh, you silly, you know I'm not serious" Dawn says smiling and kisses him on the lips. "There's no such thing as too much healthy flirting around, but you know I only want and like you."

Rian practically growls and captures her lips in a longer make out. I watch dumbfounded at this idiocy, until I come to shaking my head.

"You know, when you guys are finished, we have a car waiting to get us to our still unconscious friend" I say and start walking outside. Gross, affectionate happy love birds.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"M-My parents" Lucien mutters.

"I've been in touch with both of your parents during this week about your condition" I tell him and he blushes. "I'll be informing them about you waking up and how you're doing, and they'll be soon coming up here. Tomorrow, if I may guess."

His eyes widen. "They're c-coming h-here? Where i-is this hospital?"

"In Flowevallie, they got us flown here as this is currently our local hospital. And yes, they said they're coming as soon as you're back with us. Parents."

"W-well, tell them I-I'm waiting for them."

"Will do. Oh, I'm taking up all your time. Is your 'fine', fine enough to receive others to see you? Our gang is all here waiting outside. Is there anything you need?"

"I'm f-fine, but I-I c-could have some water f-first i-if that's a-alright" Lucien says timidly.

I can see he's still tired, who wouldn't be after just waking up from a week's sleep, affected also by his medication. I won't let them stay for too long.

I chuckle. "Of course, everything you need and especially basic things is alright." I take the already provided water bottle from the side table and give it to him. However, his hands are shaking enough so I hold onto the bottle as well.

"What's w-wrong w-with m-me?" Lucien asks frustrated at his inability, blushing because I have to help with something so simple and easy. I don't mind at all.

"Hey, you have just woken up, you had to have surgery and you're on medication" I explain to him calmly. "It's okay, and you'll get stronger and healthy in no time again. Just accept the help you get until you're back on your own two feet, alright?"

Lucien struggles as he thinks something over, but he eventually nods. "T-thank you."

"You're welcome" I say with a reassuring smile, not wanting to act too soft but feeling like that is what Lucien needs right now. "I'll let the others in, just tell me if it becomes too much and you want them out."

He nods again and as I go open the door, Dawn barges in before I even get to open it properly. The rest come in like decent and considerate people and when I'm back, Dawn is hugging Lucien in an odd position.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

He follows my suggestion to take a nap, and I just can't help but look at him for a moment.

And I love you right back, he said in a family manner to his little brother over a week ago.

I love you too, he said in a friendly manner to Dawn just ten minutes ago.

And just looking at him even now, only sleeping, makes me think how I want him to say those things to me. It's preposterous though, right? Because I don't love him, now do I? No. So how could he ever love me right back and too? And our manner wouldn't just be family or friendly.

This 'soulmate' crap is messing with me, successfully. It's making me think things. I feel suddenly like a foolish teenager trying to figure out basic things in life and himself.

If I'm developing any feelings outside job related towards this boy, I have no ways anymore to stop them. And I think, I just think, I already have. I'm thinking about him saying 'I love you' to me, good hellish grief.

I snort and tear my eyes off him. I can't stop those feelings but I can control and suppress them, I decide as I press call on his other father Dan's number and exit the hospital room for peace to both of us.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)