Chapter 37-Decisions And Revelations

Chapter 37
Decisions And Revelations

Lucien POV

I stayed up late last night.

My mind had to make a decision before it gets too messed up.

Until yesterday, I had only one option really. Now I have shocked myself by considering the second option.

I have seen a different side to Alexei here, a more carefree man who I admit has got my attention. He's still Alexei Portwin, but here is no busy schedule or somebody bossing around, which affects anybody.

And yesterday with him and the horses, it really opened my eyes more. I don't know if I yet like him romantically, but I like him. I don't know if I even should like him.

But however I put it, him going back and me staying home...us not seeing each other anymore, doesn't sit with me any longer.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Daddy's voice drifts off as their bedroom door is slammed close. This isn't like Daddy, he promised and he took this too dramatically and started hyperventilating. I'm sick of worry, what's wrong? It's like he's keeping something from us.

I cringe under Alexei's intense, fixed gaze on me.

"What did he mean by you're not supposed to go back at all?" Alexei asks with a quiet, to me dangerous voice. "And what about you being...there...against your own will? Answer me, Lucien."

"I...I-I, w-well" I stumble over my words as my head starts to spin in panic.

Alexei comes to sit next to me on the couch. "Calm down, alright? I'm sorry for snapping at you but I'm very confused right now. I need to know what's going on, okay? You can tell me, nothing bad will happen if you trust me."

Ugh, damn it. I'm exhausted of keeping this from Alexei, I can trust him. Right? Right, I need to. There's no other way out of this, anyway.

So, I quietly tell Alexei that I was kidnapped by Mr. Blumenfeld and Liesbet, the contract and that I'm still pretty much afraid of that place.

Once again, when I'm finished, I take a deep breath and nervously look up to Alexei. I almost whimper out loud at the almost mad, fuming and furious look on his face. Damn, that look can be currently two things. Hot, if it's directed at the situation for my benefit, angry for me. Extremely intimidating, if it's directed at me.

Alexei suddenly stands up and disappears behind the corner, next I hear his quick steps upstairs. I sigh and compose myself before going to little Legacy and play with him on the floor. Everybody else bailed on me. I make small talk that doesn't make sense with Legacy and wish I was just a little boy again, he has so much less to think and worry about. I have few years left to be jealous of him.

Not even five minutes later, Alexei comes back with a scowl.

"That bastard didn't answer his phone" he almost growls, making shivers run down my spine. I quickly make us sit down on the couch away from Legacy's interested hearing distance.

"Y-you didn't i-intend t-to tell Mr. Blumenfeld you k-know? He c-can't know t-that y-you know" I say alarmed.

"Of course I'm telling him, he can't get away with this" Alexei hisses. I blush, he's not angry at me and he's on my side... "But trust me, nothing will happen to you because of it. Fuck, I didn't know he plays this dirty, this is illegal and has to -"

He stops when I almost jump to stand up and take his hand to drag him upstairs to my room.

"This i-is too much t-to risk f-for Legacy to h-hear" I explain when he looks at me questioningly. He nods in understanding and I continue before he gets to open his mouth. "Alexei, t-thank y-you, but e-everything is o-okay now."

Alexei stares at me oddly. "It's not okay what they did to you! I sensed something was up with you from the start and I should have made you tell me. Oh fuck, this is my fault you're -"

"No, n-no!" I say, stomping my foot to get his attention childishly but effectively and I'm desperate. "I-it's not your f-fault, don't s-say t-that. I-I blame only Mr. Blumenfeld a-and Liesbet but e-even then... I-I'm okay n-now. I wasn't i-in the beginning, but I'm u-used t-to being in the mansion a-and with y-you guys. I-I have friends there i-including you who have m-made things a-a lot e-easier. Yeah, I-I really n-needed to come b-back home a-and I wasn't g-going to go back but n-now I feel like I n-need to, so I-I'm ready."

Alexei snorts. "You don't need to come back, you have your own will back."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"They will" Alexei says quietly, then takes my hand into his. I blush, wanting to retreat but unable to move. These mixed feelings and emotions I have are making me nervous. I want to step away but at the same time I want to be even closer to him. "If you're coming back, I'll protect you, I swear. I'll make sure to not leave you alone and you don't have to do anything you don't want to anymore, alright?"

I'm impressed but I don't know what comes over me. I can't explain why, but when Alexei stops talking, I feel butterflies that assault my tummy and a warm, tugging feeling in my chest. It would freak me out but before that, I find myself sitting upright to inch closer and press my lips against his.

Alexei is so surprised that it takes him awhile to respond...at least I hope he's not repulsed. When he comes to and moves his lips against mine, answering the kiss, startled I pull back muttering my apology and betting I look like a tomato. I timidly look down at my fidgeting fingers on my lap, unable to look at him. The kiss was an impulse and I don't know why I did it...

My thoughts are cut off by Alexei suddenly cupping firmly but gently my face in his hands and lifting my head back up to kiss me this time. I don't hesitate to submit to the passion of the moment. This feels a whole lot different than our kisses in public or for the public. What is this? I don't know how to handle the fact that I rather enjoy it.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Even before we sit down at the kitchen table, I'm fidgeting with the sleeve ends of my hoodie. I'm predicting bad news and I don't want them. But I still keep quiet and wait as Daddy gathers himself up and starts speaking.

"Dear, I know you have noticed I haven't been myself during this time and it has taken me until just moments ago to be able to tell Jared why."

"So, everything i-is o-okay between y-you two?" I have to ask, my wild imagination not always up to good.

"Yes, yeah, it's nothing to do with us" Daddy assures me and I let out a puff of air in relief. "It's really something to do with you. Um, it's, well, early last week I got a call from the adoption agency. We're occasionally in contact for Legacy mostly but you're still adopted and even if you're over 18...oh god."

"What, w-what? S-so?" I ask, my heart beating now erratically. I have no clue where this is going. Papa rubs Daddy's shoulders soothingly as Daddy takes a deep breath, I don't know what emotions he's going through right now.

"So, they called us about a call they then just got" Daddy continues and takes my hand into his own. "August, we believe your father is alive."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)