Chapter 72-The Wolf's Old Can Of Worms

Chapter 72
The Wolf's Old Can Of Worms

Alexei POV

After an hour-long jog outdoors by myself to start the morning, I'm on my laptop to get some work done with a cup of coffee. Lucien is in the kitchen making breakfast with the maid I hired for our stay in this cabin. I want him to have all the help he possibly could need.

I'm just finishing my coffee while typing a reply to an email when the bedroom door opens and my kitten comes in. I discard my focus on the laptop as soon as I look up and see he looks almost angry, fighting back tears and holding his phone in his hand.

"You- y-you d-dirty, despicable wolf!"

"Kitten, what's the matter?" I ask, warily after his outburst. The desk I'm working on is almost next to the door where he stays standing.

Lucien glares at me, then drops his gaze to his phone. "I, uh, t-there's, you k-know, I know y-you...o-of course, t-there was, but -"

"Yes? Just drop the insults and tell me" I cut him off sternly, crossing my arms across my chest. I'm busy but I want to make him feel better, however I can't and won't play this game with him right now. It's not good for him, either.

He taps on his phone and shows me a picture in Instagram, a paparazzi shot of a young woman and me, his former roommate Destiny in particular, kissing.

"I-I've never s-seen this before, a-and it's posted less than a-a day a-ago" Lucien says quietly. "The caption i-is d-disturbing to m-me too."

I mentally sigh, and try to gently take his hand into mine but he just tenses even more. His eyes are glistening and it hurts my heart to see him like this.

"Stop what you're thinking right now, Kitten. Who do you trust, will you let me explain?"

He blinks. "You, a-and t-that's why I a-ask."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...