Chapter 42-Full Dose At The Dentist

Chapter 42
Full Dose At The Dentist

Lucien POV

"No, they are not working together in any way, it's bad enough they're under the same roof" Alexei says almost angrily, sitting next to me.

I'm still sleepy even if it's 9.15 AM, but last night was the first after a while in Modeldas and I slept restlessly in addition to the nightmares. Alexei had to comfort and calm me down few times during the night when I woke up, sweaty and panicky.

After breakfast Mr. Blumenfeld called the two of us into his office and here he tells me he wants me into a late Christmas photo shoot project where Candace is too. My roommate's protective mode is on and I couldn't be more grateful. I can't do it, I'm still pathetically afraid of that woman.

"I know, I know it isn't the most favorable assembly, but she's not that bad" Mr. Blumenfeld reasons, well, tries to.

"With all due respect, she is nuts" Alexei says crossing his arms against his chest, grumpily.

Mr. Blumenfeld clears his throat. "Mr. Portwin, when you're poor, you're...nuts. When you're rich, you're eccentric."

"And she is devilishly eccentric, I'm not having her in any contact with Lucien, with his own reluctance as well, and that is final" Alexei says and stands up. "He's still recovering too, so get some other jobs for him. If that is all for now, we're off."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

I huff and shudder. "You d-don't k-know that, all those tools a-and machines they u-use to look and go in your m-mouth...and y-you don't know w-what it is to go there w-with me. You'll h-hate me."

"Come on" Alexei chuckles and I glare at him, making him try to be serious. "Alright, sorry. I won't hate you, I promise, and I'll come in there with you. That make you feel better?" I shake my head. "Then...what would you do if you had to go to the dentist at home?"

"You'll l-laugh a-and think I-I'm childish" I mutter.

He smirks. "You are childish but that's alright, and I won't laugh. Now tell me, or do I have to call your parents and ask them?"

"N-no, no!" I blurt alarmed, thinking of the stories Daddy could tell him, and blush. "No, I-I'll tell myself. W-well, for one thing a-after the first t-time I-I went, they never told me o-of the a-appointment until they drove me there, but that i-is too late now."

"What else?" Alexei softly urges me to continue when I hesitate, taking my shaking hand into his firm but now gentle one. Oh damn it, whatever. He'll get to know soon anyway, I have to do this.

"Also, they h-have t-to sedate me a-and stuff, so the recovery i-is the rest of the day a-and I'll be e-embarrassing. Then the n-next day, for breakfast, Daddy usually t-takes me to m-my favorite cafe and I get the o-only sweet thing I-I really like a-as treat, cheesecake. To say I'm s-scared is putting i-it mildly a-and whenever I have gone, s-something bad has happened. I-I swear it's l-like a-a curse. So, now y-you know a-and can laugh and m-make f-fun of me."

"What bad things?" Alexei queries, and I tell him examples again waiting for him to ridicule me. But he doesn't. "Lucien, I know it looks like that, but they were purely coincidental happenings. You're not cursed, but it's alright to have fears. Nothing bad will happen this time, plus I'll be with you. Now, before we have to go, we'll find a distraction for you and I promise to take you tomorrow somewhere where there's good cheesecake. Can't break the tradition, now can we? How does this plan sound?"