Chapter 56-Ladder To Midnight Surprise

Chapter 56
Ladder To Midnight Surprise

Lucien POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"See? T-they're c-completely safe" I say, amused at Alexei's suspicious frown directed at the metal ladder right by Catri's room window. "I'll go i-in first to wake her u-up a-and then we or I'll come to o-open the front door for y-you. Now go wait t-there, i-it's almost time."

Alexei lets out a small growling sound and then in a swift motion pulls me to him, smashing our lips together.

My hands grab onto his winter coat as the kiss turns from chilly and dry, because of being outdoors, to heated and wetting our lips.

With Alexei I get lost in the moment so easily. I manage to remember why we're here and we have to stop before this gets too dangerous.

"N-not now, d-damn it" I huff as I've managed to pull away from the lip-lock and remove his hands off my butt.

I check the time on my phone and it's 11.56 PM, so after freeing myself I walk back to the ladder. As I take the first step and can still see Alexei watching me, I decide to tease him a little.

"Oh, oh, I'm n-not sure i-if this ladder is too steady a-after all" I mutter loudly by myself and as guessed, before I even finish speaking I can hear the footsteps on the snow.

"That's it, you're not doing anything that dangerous on my watch" Alexei says sternly and pulls me back to the ground by my waist.

I giggle. "Then don't w-watch. Hey, let m-me go, please, I was just k-kidding. It's not d-dangerous a-and the ladder is just fine, I've done t-this before. Now let m-me do what we came h-here for."

Alexei is not amused or impressed, but lets me go and disappears behind the corner.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Catri groans in sleepy irritation. "What do you want now?"

I suppress a giggle, she thinks I'm one of her brothers bullying her.

"Be n-nice, Catri, I-I came all the way back h-here to be the first o-one to wish you happy b-birthday."

My best friend tenses while I speak, then slowly turns to look up at me. She rubs her eyes and when notices I'm still here and real, she lets out a squeal as she scrambles up from the bed. That makes me fall over and laugh.

"August? Is it...how...how are you here? What is this? It's freaking...midnight!"

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"What?! Are you seriously telling -"

Not hearing the rest of Catri's shocked questions, I almost run to the front door, still keeping my steps light. I unlock and open the door for my grumpy looking boyfriend.

I grimace apologetically. "I'm sorry, I a-almost forgot y-you're waiting outside."

"I figured that" Alexei says and walks next to me so I can close the door. Catri joins us, bringing with her my coat and shoes, and I notice she's quickly managed to dress up casually and brushed her hair. "Happy birthday, did...August succeed in his surprise at this brute hour?"

Catri blushes and smiles. I smile too, knowing this is a highlight on her birthday as well, to get congratulated by Alexei Portwin.

"Thank you, and yes, he did. I'm sorry you had to wait so long, I can't believe he left you outdoors. I'll make a cup of tea to drink and warm up before you go. Wait, who let you in?"

"I u-used your window- ouch" I say as Catri hits my arm and I rub it soothing the small ache.

"Didn't we agree on not doing that again when you last time fell off the ladder from up there and fractured your ankle and broke your arm?"

I blush remembering the incident and getting a disapproving look from Alexei. It happened just once, I have gotten over it.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...