Chapter 48-Icy Afternoon

Chapter 48
Icy Afternoon

Lucien POV

"No, I-I don't want t-to make a-a fool of myself i-in public" I say firmly and fold my arms against my chest childishly.

I'm probably doing just that right now but at least I'm not on display.

"Come on, Lucy, you don't need to be a figure skater or ice hockey player to enjoy a nice, sunny day in the ice rink" Dawn insists with a smile. "Don't think about the public, just focus on having a good time with your friends, okay? Up and at them, boy!"

I sigh but let her take my hands and help me up on my unsteady feet.

It's the last days of our holiday and today is such a nice day at this hour weather wise that our gang came to the biggest outdoor ice rink in the city.

Not only is this the first time for me to ice skate, but this morning we have gone back to our normal workouts and my body is worn off from that already.

I have gained too much weight over the holiday for it to do well with both me and Mr. Blumenfeld. Yesterday my personal trainer went easy on me because it's been a while, but today I swear she intended to kill me.

Back to my current exercise, I squeak pathetically when Dawn leads me inside the rink from the benches. I'm the last one to join our friends, not daring to look at any of them as I cling onto Dawn's arm tightly. My legs feel very odd with these shoes, I don't see how any of this will be fun but I'll just go along with it.

After a while, I realize I'm not so good at this but at least I haven't fallen yet. And okay, apparently I wasn't the last one to join because at some point Alexei takes that place.

I haven't even noticed he's not been here yet, although to be fair I haven't looked much around to not to panic from the eyes that are most likely following me like the rest of our group. This rink isn't exactly empty and just for our entertainment.

"Finally you grace us with your helpful presence" Dawn says briskly. "Take this" she hands me over to Alexei making me almost slip and make that fall I've avoided so far during the exchange. "You know better how those particular skates work, maybe you can teach him to stand up on his own."

I blush. Holding onto Alexei's stronger arm feels safer already but I still prefer Dawn. Alexei doesn't even need to hold me much, he's like a rock even on ice and it's enough when I, forced to do so because Dawn has already gone, hold on to him.

When I glance up at Alexei, he's smiling encouragingly. It's not as genuine as it could but at least he's not pushing me away or making fun of me. We still have a stage to maintain as a couple, I think that is only why.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"Yeah, I-I'm sorry y-you had to see that. This i-is m-my first time a-and I don't t-think it's my thing, e-even i-if two people tried to teach me. I'm g-glad it made y-you feel better though, i-it's o-okay not to get it as easy a-as others."

"This is not my thing either, and I'm apparently here just as a third wheel anyway" the girl mutters as we look over to her sweetheart friends and I chuckle in understanding. "But it was worth it today, I met my idol, oh my god! And you're cuter than I knew. My name is Ellen, though you surely can't remember all your fans' names."

"That's right but I-I know I won't f-forget y-you, Ellen" I say truthfully and she beams. "You just cheered m-me u-up too."

She smiles and barely sits still from the excitement. "I hope you didn't get into a big fight with your boyfriend back there, you're so good together."

"Oh, no, h-he just got i-into a-a fit because I'm hopeless o-on the ice, it w-will pass" I reassure her amused, making her giggle.

Soon her eyes widen and I look to the same direction, to notice Alexei stepping out of the rink and walk to us.

"What are you doing?" Alexei asks calmly, only because other people are hearing us.

"Just t-talking here with my n-new f-friend" I say smiling defiantly and Ellen blushes as she stares in awe at us. I'll never get used to this, making someone's day like this.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Alexei doesn't utter a word during the drive back to the mansion. Even if I'm damn confused, I don't dare break the silence.

I'm about to go to the living room as we arrive, but Alexei grabs my hand again rather roughly and takes us upstairs to our room.

As soon as we step into our room, he pushes me in and slams the door shut and locks it.

"We are going to have a good talk right fucking now" Alexei says, intimidating me with his stance of crossed arms against his chest and with his glaring, fiery eyes. "I can't take this anymore. We are not leaving this room until you tell me the real reason why you broke up with me."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)