Chapter 8-Promising Beginning

Chapter 8
Promising Beginning

August POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"Good to hear" Mr. Blumenfeld smirks. "I hope you will have an exciting day today here. We hope you get settled as soon as possible."

Then he nods to himself as we remain quiet, takes two papers from under a pile of papers on his desk and reaches them out to Julian and me, on the table in front of us.

"What are these?" Julian asks suspiciously.

"These are contracts, which I want you two to read now and then sign" Mr. Blumenfeld says simply.

"N-no" I shake my head stubbornly.

Mr. Blumenfeld sighs dramatically. "I'm afraid you're not leaving this room until you have done as I say, August" he says, sounding as cold as ever and giving me chills. "Again, we can make this the easy or hard way, your choice. I propose you read the paper carefully so you know what you're up to."

The silence takes over again, a longer one. Mr. Blumenfeld begins to go through some papers of his own, and Julian takes my hand in his again and we read the contracts through. We are forced to sign these, might as well read them. They are usual I suppose, modeling contracts, mainly boring details but also those which make me feel thoroughly uncomfortable. I squirm in my seat but I know I can't escape the situation. Julian and I exchange looks few times while reading. He's shaking his head too, but...

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"My c-clothes w-were f-fine" I say sharply, slightly offended. How dare he insult the clothes I wear, I like them and had chosen them and Daddy and Papa had bought them!

"Yes, for a country boy living out there in the bushes" Mr. Blumenfeld gives a laugh and I purse my lips not to blurt anything I would regret. How dare he! "But now, you are the opposite of what you were, and we're going to make of you a good model and you will be a star in no time. And last but definitely not least, you two will get new names. Stage names, if you want. These will be your new official names, who you are around here and out in the public."

"What's wrong with our names?" Julian asks indignantly, I have lost my voice.

"Almost everybody here has a new name when they arrive. Our models are well known so it's for the better and your safety and privacy, believe me. So, August, starting from this moment you will be Lucien Feywin. And Julian, you're Florian Aulay. Good names, huh? Lucy or Luca and Rian if you may. This is a great chance for you both, you should be happy. People will love you, I just know it."

Know all you want, tyrant. As soon as we get out of here, your career is over. I'm dumbstruck. They really think I'm just getting along with this damn show, despite I having just signed my name approving all this. I don't care about that paper. This isn't over yet.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"Who are you?" the girl asks almost timidly. She is taller than me about an inch or so although no surprise there and has long dark brown colored curly hair and blue eyes. She is beautiful, in a way. But she looks also so young. She must have come back after 10 PM yesterday, when I had already fallen asleep or earlier this morning, I don't know.

"I'm A-...Lucien, I a-assume y-you're my r-roommate Destiny?" I say blushing, almost as timidly and again angry of my stutter and nervousness. She nods and I reach out my hand for a handshake. "It's n-nice to m-meet y-you."

Destiny looks at me better with a frown, most likely for the same reason as everybody else, then my reached out hand and suddenly her face turns from surprised and timid to almost...angry? Annoyed? Resentful? Of course, it must be weird I'm a guy. I still don't understand why they put me here, but I am kind of relieved too for now. It would be very awkward and uncomfortable for me to have a guy roommate, but I don't know how Destiny feels about this.

"Whatever" she snaps and passes me to the bathroom, locking the door after her.

I stay standing there for a while utterly confused of the sudden change of attitude and her reaction to me. Great. We will get along just fine, right? Good roommates. At least the beginning is very promising.

---

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

The other main character takes few more updates (or the one after next) to show up...he's a busy star BUT soon we will (and most importantly August...Lucien will) meet him and then this story really starts for me :') even if he happens to be this week away, August also needs this time to settle in before meeting him......