Chapter 39-Off Route

Chapter 39
Off Route

Alexei POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Jared and Dan both gave me their phone numbers and I gave mine, because Lucien hasn't a normal phone himself yet, which I will take care of by the way as soon as possible now that I know the reason why. I also promised to let Lucien call them anytime and they will be in contact with us through my phone until that. No problem.

There is no drama or hassle when we get to the airport, as I told Mr. Holland to drive us as close to our jet as possible. I don't want any bother for Lucien right now, even if the public shouldn't know we return today to Flowevallie. We take off and I sit back with a sigh on a chair by one window.

"Will you be okay?" I ask Lucien, who is sitting on the opposite chair and looking out the next oval shaped window.

He hasn't even tasted the juice I requested for him while my glass of scotch and soda is almost empty. I only get a nod and a glimpse of a smile as answer. Well, as long as he's consenting, it's fine.

"Here, take this and watch a movie or something" I say, handing him an iPad, in need to do something to make him feel better or at least distract his mind for a while. He's looking so tense and vulnerable.

"T-thanks" Lucien whispers, with a light blush, taking the device. He sips of the juice and then sets the glass on the little table in between us, and I nod and get back to my phone as I see he opens it.

Time passes smoothly and I don't even notice myself nodding off until there's a quick, shaking movement of the jet startling me back. It repeats with greater force. I look automatically at Lucien who is already looking at me, fright evident in his widened eyes.

"Alright, there is a problem" Mr. Holland says coming back from checking the cockpit. "Major, I'd call it. The pilot is unconscious and something is wrong with the jet."

"What? How can that happen? Who's controlling this jet?" Mr. Fleming asks alarmed. It is now we recognize the engine making strange noises.

"Nobody is in control, somebody has to take over and make an emergency landing or this flight won't end pretty" Mr. Holland informs, looking rather pale.

I curse under my breath, knowing I'm the only one other than the pilot who can do that. After my first accident by plane, I got a pilot's license just in case and to get as much knowledge as possible. I often associate myself with jets and airplanes after all.

This is a fine mess. Turning to Lucien, I notice he's near to faint. The poor boy is terrified, for a good reason.

"Lucien, Lucien, snap out of it, it's going to be all right" I say calmly while shaking the boy out of his state of shock. "This is not my first flight, I'll get us out of this fine. Please, I need to know you're okay."

"I-I-I'm g-gonna be s-sick" Lucien says quietly, clutching my arms like his life is depending on me.

I don't know how far from literally that is. Right now I'm needed in the cockpit, so I tell Mr. Holland to get Lucien to the bathroom and take care of him and then put seatbelts on while I go to take the pilot's place. What is going on, I don't know but landing us safely is my first concern.

My mind and heart races madly, I have done this before but it's not like a game. I have the lives of each person in here with me in my hands, the adrenaline rush won't ever get old. I manage to keep my cool composure, but I'm nervous. I have no idea what the matter is, for all I know this jet can explode the next minute.

I shake my head off the negativity and focus. When I'm in control of the jet and preparing for the landing, the door to the cockpit opens and I glance to see it's Mr. Holland and Lucien.

"He wanted and strongly insisted to come here, with you" my assistant says.

"Lucien, go back with the others, it's safer back there" I try to convince the boy but he just comes closer to me. I groan, there's no time so I have to work with this. "Mr. Holland, everybody put their seatbelts on now, we're gradually landing already."

My assistant nods and leaves.

"Y-you k-know how t-to do this?" Lucien asks shakily, and to be honest I feel a lot better and assured when he's here with me and I can see he's okay.

"Not my first show" I say as nonchalantly as possible. The jet makes a jolt and I point to the co-pilot's chair. "Sit down and put the seatbelt on, it will be okay but it will still be a rough landing. Just do as I say."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Lucien trembles with closed eyes and hands gripping onto the chair armrests. I unnecessarily tell him to hold tight. When the jet hits ground with a close-called crash and the engine shuts down from the impact, I can still hear his squeal.

I can't stop the jet so we glide farther than I estimated. Next thing I know, we're crashing into the forest side and Lucien isn't on his seat.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)