Chapter 53-Masterful At Midnight

Chapter 53
Masterful At Midnight

Lucien POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"No, I-I'm not o-okay r-right now" I say and sniffle. "I don't u-understand. They're a-all dead. I-I s-saw the fire, I s-swear."

I suddenly feel the urge to scream, and run, but I stop both urges. Instead, I cuddle deeper into Alexei's embrace.

How can this Kyler have these private pictures...if...if he's not...

"Let's take a break, alright? Come on" Alexei says and stands up with me in his arms after putting the laptop to sleep. He sits on the edge of the bed. "Could, could I maybe hold you for a while in your...cat form?" I tense at his request, confused and not used to talking about it. "I know what you think of it, but I think you're very beautiful so and I'd love to see you again. I want to help you feel comfortable in your special appearance too, Lucien. Please, let me."

"It...i-it r-really doesn't freak y-you out?" I ask, my cat purring inside of me. I can hear and feel him now that I think of him, and he's enjoying the attention.

Alexei sighs and runs his hand through my hair. "It will take me some time to get used to, but no, it doesn't freak me out. It shouldn't freak you out either, you should embrace such a quality about yourself."

"But I-I shouldn't e-exist, I'm not n-normal."

"I'm thankful you exist" Alexei says, smiling. "And can you imagine how boring this life, this world would be if everything was normal?" I give him a tentative smile back and then hug him appreciatively, rubbing my face against the front of his shirt. "I...do have something to tell you, actually. I have seen you...your cat before. Before you showed me."

I choke on air and jerk back to look at him with wide eyes. "W-what?"

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

"Thank you" Alexei says quietly.

I uncover my head to breathe and nod with a shy smile at Alexei, acknowledging his thanks. Getting the offer, I rest my head on his arm instead of a pillow and cuddle against him with a blissful sigh.

"You know what?" Alexei queries with a soft, quiet voice into the dim room. I hum for him to continue. "I think you should call him."

"W-who?"

"Your father. You know, instead of an email. It's more personal. If he sounds nice and for real with good intentions, we can set up a meeting."

Oh, I almost forgot about all that. He distracted me good with this particular topic.

"Um, I-I d-don't know. I m-mean, I'm not sure. Writing a-an email is e-easier, he doesn't hear how e-embarrassing I a-am before we meet a-and maybe get used to each o-other. You k-know, -"

"Babe, stop, you're rambling" Alexei cuts me off by saying and then kisses my lips shortly. I almost pout when he pulls away too soon. "I want you to call him, and put the call on speaker. And before you cower your way out, let's do it right now." Alexei reaches out for his phone and hands it to me. "I have the number saved in my contacts. Now, call him."

I stare at him with wide eyes, then smile smugly. "I-I don't mind y-you b-being masterful, Alexei, but i-it is nearly m-midnight. 5 AM f-for him."

"Oh, so it is" Alexei mutters. "In the morning then, after breakfast? Promise me."

"Okay, promise" I agree, and that makes him nod in approval and put the phone away. "N-now, g-good night."

Alexei chuckles. "Good night, angel."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)