Chapter 57-Best Friend's Threats And Rights

Chapter 57
Best Friend's Threats And Rights

Lucien POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

So, while Daddy is finishing making lunch, I offer to help and then tell him the situation. He's quiet for a moment and then he sighs.

"Are you happy? Does he make you truly happy?"

I nod without hesitation. "It's a-amazing how happy he makes me, he r-really does. We...w-we both need each other and I-I believe again this can g-go somewhere. I trust h-him, more than ever, a-and I hope y-you all give him a-a chance."

"He's got it before we knew for sure you had real feelings for him" Daddy says, smiling. "Jared still takes a little more time to warm up to him, but it's no problem. You've been a good kid and now we're happy you keep learning more as an adult. You're our oldest kid and it's not easy to think you're dating this seriously. Maybe just don't let Alexei steal you from us altogether, okay?"

I gasp and wrap my arms around Daddy. "That can't happen! You're m-my family a-and I'm a-always coming back to you guys. Alexei...he's j-just a-an addition to our family, at least f-for now."

And that applies to my biological father as well. He's just not even that yet, but if he will be, he won't hold as big piece of my heart as Dan and Jared do.

I'll tell them tomorrow or through telephone later about meeting Kyler. Today has to be a cheerful day and I know, no matter how much I've reassured them, that Daddy and Papa will feel nervous about our relationships.

After lunch, Alexei and I leave our house before Catri gets here first. My parents and siblings have promised to finish the preparations for the party, I'm needed to distract the birthday girl and Alexei is with me.

As Liesbet messages Alexei that she's on her way to the address of Catri's house we sent her, I beam. In the car on our shorter way to the same destination, Alexei has to hold my hand to keep me calm, it's a struggle for me.

When we arrive, soon Liesbet's car drives up and next to ours. Catri's dad comes to open the front door for us and tells she is in her room.

Alexei and Liesbet follow me, and for decency I knock on her door. Catri's voice tells us to come in, and I find her doing something on her phone in the middle of the room.

"Oh, I was just about to call you" Catri says with a smile seeing me, the two waiting behind the door for my permission to surprise. "I thought it'd be nice if we could spend the rest of today together, and I'd sleep over. Now that you're here, can you call your dads to ask if I can come?"

"I-I already know you can, so f-finish packing y-your bag" I say and smile mischievously as I give her a hug. I'm not revealing how we thought already that the party would end up as a sleepover with her. "I d-don't want to go home y-yet, though."

"Okay, what are we gonna do until we can go?" Catri queries and before I get to answer, she looks around. "Hey, where's Alexei? You came here without him?"

I shake my head and poke her nose. "No, he's a-actually with my s-surprise for you. Y-you'll need some time with that, so I'll c-call them i-in."

"Them?" Catri repeats questioningly, but I already told Alexei they can come from behind the door.

He comes in first and then Liesbet shows her cheery but professional self. I hold my breath.

Catri looks confused for a little while until she squints her eyes at Liesbet. "I have a feeling I've seen you before and that I don't like you."

"Catri, this i-is Liesbet Madison, one o-of the managers of Modeldas who came t-to our school and y-you were excited a-about" I introduce and point out.

She huffs and crosses her arms against her chest. "Yeah, before they took you away from us and what they did to you."

I was expecting this, but I'm determined to change her point of view. I have my ways to do that.

"But dear, l-listen" I say taking her hand and sit us down on her bed. "It's a-all okay now. I'm okay b-being there a-and what was at the beginning, is the past. Oh damn it, I w-was waiting to tell y-you this, but I'll do it n-now. You know how Alexei a-and I are dating in p-public? Well, it's not just p-pretend anymore."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...