Chapter 65-At The Other End Of The Corridor

Chapter 65
At The Other End Of The Corridor

Lucien POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Ron walks over to me next, and this is the first time I meet him without him wearing that creepy, up to no good smirk.

"Can you and I talk in private? Not too private, so you don't need to go all freaking out on me, but just..." Ron trails off and grunts annoyed. "Come on."

He walks away without looking back at me or waiting. I cross my arms against my chest and snort at him thinking I actually would do as he asks, but then I find myself standing up again and following him. He stops at the other end of the same corridor, out of earshot from other people but so that we can be seen and see them.

Ron leans against the wall nonchalantly with his arms crossed, his smirk back on at my nervous state. "I bet you want to know why I just did what I did and why I'm here." I nod, not daring to look directly at him. "Because this is all my fault, and my intention wasn't to kill anybody. At least not yet and not Alexei."

"W-what?"

Ron lets out an exaggerating sigh. "I arranged the attack, I was behind it and planned to kidnap you. The fools just did a lousy job, and Alexei was not meant to go that far to protect you. Fucker."

"Wh-, why, what?" I ask with wide eyes and take a step back. Ron rolls his eyes.

"Chill, I'm here to say sorry and fixing what I can. I wanted some drama. And, I wanted revenge, Lucien, I wanted it bad. You know, by hurting and taking you away from Alexei. We used to be friends, as unbelievable as it sounds to you."

"He's t-told me a-about the past o-of y-you two" I say quietly, making his eyes widen this time in surprise.

"He told you? Oh, he told you, did he? Wow, he's in deeper shit with you than I thought. He has never told about that to a single soul, you see. I knew him enough to know that. Yeah, so, today turned out a lot differently than I planned. More favorable for you, and I guess I'm doing a favor for myself and Alexei as well. He'll get back to the love of his life and you take good care of him, and I'll turn myself in."

"Turn y-yourself i-in?"

"Yup, pretty sure what I did today is a crime. With the criminals and weapons and stuff, you're too innocent and lame to see the whole picture."

"W-why a-are y-you turning yourself i-in?" I ask, not taking anything he says about me to offense as I'm too dumbfounded why he would do that. I didn't expect any of this, or the fact Ron would go voluntarily to jail. I'm sure Alexei would demand it if he knew Ron was behind this. And after me.

"Because, Lucien, I'm not a happy man. I want to go to jail, rot and die in there. I'm too tired of this life, not worth it. I always fall for the wrong people, you know. She had like multiple personalities and I couldn't let go, I loved her so I changed. Inevitable. Losing her, I don't believe in this anymore. I have tried, it's been years. I just don't want to be free as the bad, miserable pathetic person I still am."

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...