Chapter 31-Thanksgiving

Chapter 31
Thanksgiving

Lucien POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

Stop thinking, I don't need to get worked up at the lunch table with all these people.

After the meal that lasts over two hours in company, Alexei's parents want to talk with him and I in the living room with cups of tea and some dessert muffins. I have a lot of workout to do after today.

Although, I don't get to the muffins and my appetite is gone when they continue the conversation from yesterday evening.

Alexei seems as enthusiastic and sceptic as I do, but at the same time I want to know about this now and not let it hang in the air or something.

Now face to face, Danica is the one who mainly talks and tells me about how Mr. Portwin and she has birthdays on same month and opposite number dates, how Mr. Portwin's parents have their birthdays and how both Kaylin and Arild has.

It's weird coincidences, sure, but I still think it's just coincidences.

Nevertheless, I can't help wonder how such a coincidence would happen to Alexei and me, to me.

How we met, were practically forced to meet, and how I'm born in August and he is too and this everything is happening to me...and I can't deny that freaky things happen and exist.

I hate it, being confused and scared of the unknown. Alexei would surely reject me straight away if he knew what I am, but I don't trust him yet enough to scare him off with that.

Danica tells us how we're destined together and how happy she is Alexei has found me finally and that I'm already part of their family.

Finally, yeah, but I am much younger so it would be wrong if this happened earlier.

If we're 'destined' together, what are we supposed to be? I'm not comfortable enough to have a real relationship and this sounds like a serious one...I think...and with our age difference...

I don't know! I feel weird, I'm freaking out! Why am I scared?! What is happening?!

"I-I w-want t-to go h-home" I find myself blurting suddenly. Luckily I'm not interrupting, as Danica just finished to let us digest the situation.

This is...too...much...

I have reached my limit, how much I can take new things and news in this short time without able to process them properly and talk with my parents.

"Honey, are you okay?" Danica asks, putting her hand on my leg and I jerk away.

"I-I'm sorry, s-sorry...I-I..." my hands start to shake, I can't think straight.

"Mother, see" Alexei snaps at his mother and then tries to calm me down, but I just repeat again and again quietly that I want to go home. I feel like I need to go home...that would help, I know it would...but I can't... "Okay, Lucien, breathe please and you can go home when you want to, I'll make it happen if that is what you need."

To say that shocks me is an understatement. I can go home? But how?! Why?! This has a catch, it has to.

What he says shocks me enough to snap me out of my panic.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

When Alexei and I are closing his bedroom door, a servant pops out of nowhere who is to carry our luggage.

"Leaving us already, sir?" He asks with a blank face and I find amusing how Alexei's face drops too on the same level of seriousness.

"Oh no, I'm just taking my suitcase out for a walk" Alexei says however, to completely ruin the solemn mood.

A restrained giggle escapes my lips and I immediately blush and cover my mouth with my hoodie sleeve as I catch their attention briefly.

The servant tries to hide his smile and grabs our suitcases and leaves.

Alexei and I follow him downstairs and getting outside, his assistant and bodyguard and then another bodyguard looking guy and a servant for the flight accompanies our trip.

The whole car drive to the airport goes by quickly and I look out the window with different eyes. I'm going home.

Home! Will I see my parents again? My siblings? I will, and I won't leave once I get there. I have my parents and help there so I can tell them the truth about this whole mess. I can't wait.

With the private jet when we finally take off, the flight takes three hours and thirty minutes which I spend reading and watching a movie that Alexei puts on for us.

Fifteen minutes into the movie, my stomach grumbles embarrassing me and he orders popcorn and, of my request, water.

Movies and popcorn on a private jet...fancy flight back to home. Damn, this life will be over soon for me, so I better make the most of this.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...