Chapter 43-Party Under An Eclipse

Chapter 43
Party Under An Eclipse

Lucien POV

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

The party is at full blast by the time we arrive, but Dawn still makes a grand entrance. After that, it's crazy for a good while but I'm okay as Alexei is almost holding my hand the whole time. The music is so loud it makes me a bit disoriented but the main thing is that Dawn is having a good time and I'm here supporting her.

Dawn told us at some point that one of her exes from few years ago is invited, they've remained friends but haven't seen each other since the break up because of distance. When she called him a gorgeous hunk of man, she and Rian had a chat again which ended up with Rian kissing her rather passionately and possessively. They're a great couple really.

However, when Dawn sees her ex, her jaw drops.

"That's a gorgeous hunk of man?!" Joy asks baffled and amused.

"Looks like my hunk has shrunk" Dawn says, and glares at Rian who has fun at her expense and is relieved there's nothing for him to worry about.

As the guy is introduced, turns out he's joined by the real hunk and they're brothers, twins actually but Dawn's ex is indeed a little taller and fuller...bigger.

During the evening Alexei and I need to take some couple pictures to those who request and some even want to take a picture with just me. It's a little overwhelming but I'll survive.

However, also something strange happens. While I'm getting some more drinks for the birthday girl during the short time apart, I notice Alexei taking a picture with some girl and his arm goes around her waist and she kisses his cheek for the flash.

What is strange, is that I feel an aching shot of irritation and what I'm forced to call jealousy go through my chest...

But I'm not jealous. I can't be, because you have to like that person to be jealous. And I don't really like Alexei in that way. Do I? No, stay focused!

But my gaze stays on them, the girl obviously starting to flirt with him, and when the thought crosses my mind, I accidentally drop the glass making it spill and break on the floor.

She is flirting with my boyfriend, he is mine.

I gasp as I hear the shatter even through the noise and look around in panic from both the thought and the accident.

"Don't, let me help you" somebody says next to me when I'm about to bend down to clean up the shards, it being my mess and I can't just leave it there.

My eyes snap up to a young man who smiles at me kindly and then crouches down to collect the glass shards carefully into the trash can which is next to the serving tables.

"There now, couldn't risk getting those pretty fingers hurt" the guy says cheerfully and I just stare at him. "Are you...is everything okay?"

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...

We get outdoors and suddenly Alexei groans and lets go of my hand.

"Thank God you came back and saved me from that woman" he says, making my eyes widen.

"S-saved you?"

He looked pretty happy talking with her, I think. Here I go again...

"Yeah" he flashes me a smirk. "She was too clingy and ignorant about personal space and topics. I could have signaled for Mr. Fleming but didn't want a scene."

I huff. "I-I saw h-how she was a-and you could have handled i-it y-yourself and just push h-her away."

My face gets a shade or two darker as I note I said that out loud and that Alexei is looking at me. Too fast, too fast...what's going on? I refuse to meet his gaze and then I hear him chuckle.

"My, my, it's not jealousy I hear in your voice, is it?" He asks teasingly and I push his hand away from going around my shoulders again.

"What, jealousy? N-no" I say with an awkward laugh. "W-why would y-you hear that? I'm n-not, you know, not jealous a-at all. I-I'm just a-agreeing with you, t-that's i-it."

Alexei hums. "Whatever you say. I think we will be having company out here soon, it's always special when it's a total lunar eclipse."

"When i-it's w-what?" I ask confused.

"Tonight is a total lunar eclipse. Why, didn't you know? It was talked about yesterday and even today. Look, the moon is already visible there, it will be clearer and over us in an hour or so."

"I guess I-I m-missed it" I say shrugging. Nonchalantly, when in fact, my mind is busy trying to figure this out.

Can the eclipse have something to do with my feelings? It shouldn't, but it's not impossible. I don't know too much about my...freaky side. Both happening on the same evening, maybe it's hardly a coincidence.

Wish I could have the answers but now I have to just go along the fact...that...I have an unusually attractive guy next to me who is my boyfriend just in papers so to say. Do I want him to be a real one? Oh yes, right now I do. It wouldn't be easy for me, but nevertheless I definitely can't go back to the way I used to see him.

My feelings are strong enough already to know that. It's like they suddenly exploded in me and there's a new light in my eyes. At the same time, I don't feel they're new feelings, but that I've had them for some time and now they're strengthening and allowing me to recognize them.

Well, thanks a lot moon for popping open the cork to a bottle I didn't order.

...

Read the full chapter in www.patreon.com/xelaneleh (link in my bio)

...