You're Leaving Aren't You?

Kate came out dressed in her graduation robes, Rick looked at his girlfriend, she was gorgeous, she looked really smart and beautiful.

"Wow... Kate, you're gorgeous."

"It doesn't make me look fat?"

"Not at all, you are the most beautiful valedictorian I have ever seen," Rick said as he leaned in to kiss Kate.

Kate giggled as Rick pulled away.

"Kate?"

"Yeah?"

"Sit down."

Kate noticed that Rick was serious, they sat down on his bed.

"Rick, what's going on?"

"Kate, um... remember we said we were going to go to Stanford together?"

"Yeah, I can't wait!"

"Kate... I hate to say this but... my mom has another acting gig to take up in the UK, and I have to go with her."

"You're not going to Stanford are you?"

"I have applied to colleges in the UK, and since we're going to be on the road most of the time... I'm taking a computer face time course instead."

"Which college?"

"Cambridge accepted me, and I'm going there."

"Rick... can we make this work?"

"I can't talk to you in anyway Kate, I have no firm address and I can't tell you my number because it'll be changing all the time."

"Are you breaking up with me?" Kate almost whispered, too afraid to know.

"We can make this work okay? I'm going to come back once I graduate, but we just have to hold on for the college ride and that's it," Rick tried to cheer Kate up.

"I don't know Rick, but let's cherish the time we have now okay? I don't want to regret all the time we wasted," Kate said and kissed Rick lightly.

Rick kissed her slightly harder and pulled away.

"You make me want to rip this dress and robe off of you," he whispered.

"Where's your mom?"

"The theater."

"Then go ahead."
----------------------------------------
It was just after graduation, Kate went to see Rick off at the airport. She never wanted him to go, because she knew that's probably the end of their relationship.

"Kate."

"Yeah?"

"I... um..." Rick stuttered as he pulled a velvet box out of his pocket, "Katherine Houghton Beckett..."

"You're not proposing are you?!" Kate said in shock.

"No, not an engagement ring, a promise ring. Katherine Houghton Beckett, will you wait for me until I come back to America?" Rick asked as he opened the box.

"Richard Edgar Alexander Rodgers Castle, yes, I will wait for you," Kate answered tearfully. (A/N Castle already changed his name, but he didn't publish any books yet)

Rick slipped the promise ring on Kate's finger as the PA started to speak.

"Flight 147 to London, last call, may all passengers please board now."

Kate threw her arms around Rick and cried, Rick hugged Kate and tried to remember this moment forever.

"When will I ever see you again?"

"When you graduate from college, I will watch you throw your cap in the air, and I will come in running and kiss you. You have my word," Rick said.

"Promise?"

"I swear, I wouldn't miss it for the world."

Kate kissed him one last time and Martha came over.

"Kiddo, we have to go."

"Bye Rick," Kate said as she gave him one last peck.

"I love you Rick."

"I love you too Kate."

"Always?"

"Always."
----------------------------------------
Author's Note: So here's chapter 1, I know it's not much but the best parts are always saved for later, stay tuned!