chapter 4!

Corbyns POV

I wake up the muffled sound of intense pounding. At first I ignore it. When it continues I finally look at the clock.... 2:42am.

I drag myself out of my bed and walk over to my window and open it.

It was Jonah.

"What the heck man," I said annoyed.

"Hey, can I crash here?" asked Jonah, ignoring my comment.

"I mean I guess," I said moving out of the way since he was already half-way through my window.

"What's going on?" I asked confused.

"Nothing. My parents are fighting and I couldn't sleep so I came here," he said.

He was wearing sweatpants and a hoodie with his hair sticking up in different directions.

"Well, I'm going back to sleep," I said.

It took me a while to go back to sleep but I eventually did.

•••

I can't stop thinking about the dream I had last night.

I only remember small parts of it but it's been bothering me.

There were these strange mystical creatures with fur so dark it's hard to see their face. They resembled wolves with some features of an owl and piercing, red eyes.

Brayden and I ran away as fast as we could but they were always right behind us. I was running behind her so I could protect her if they had caught up to us. Bradyn ended up tripping on a tree and I had failed to notice.

The adrenaline was pumping through my veins, all I could think about was surviving. I realized I didn't hear her heavy breathing anymore and looked behind me.

I saw Brayden struggling to get up with the wolves right behind her. She screamed my name, I tried running over to her, I really did. Everything seemed slow motion from there on. My legs were moving but my body did not travel any distance. I was stuck.

All I heard was her scream. Time goes back to normal again and when I look back at the wolves I see my dad and a woman that looks like my dead mother.

It all felt so real. Thinking about the dream again was giving me an uneasy feeling.

I walk out of my room with my blanket wrapped around me and I see Leah and Jonah in an intense argument.

"Harry Potter is without a doubt the best character in the movies!" Leah said with emphasis.

"How could you say that, Hermione is such an iconic character," said Jonah with his hand on his head. "Lets not forgot how smart she is, if it wasn't for her Harry would probably be dead," said Jonah in a strict tone.

"Are you guys seriously arguing about this.... again?" I asked smiling.

"No, no we weren't arguing," said Leah "We were just stating our opinions," she said unsure of herself with a smile.

I looked over at Jonah who was giving me an innocent smile.

"Okkk," I said.

"Wait, Leah why are you here anyways?" I asked pointing at her.

"Wow, no hi or nice to see you?" she asked pretending to be offended. "I came over because I wanted to," she said with an attitude.

"Ok sorry for asking," I said giving attitude back.

"So I heard you and Brayden hung out yesterday," said Jonah with a smirk.

"Yeah it's not a big deal though," I said playing it cool.