chapter 44!

Corbyn's POV

"Corbyn. Look, I'm sorry but I just miss you a lot and when I talk to you it makes me miss you more," Brayden said.

"So you are just going to put off our relationship when things get tough?" I asked.

"No. I don't know," She said, feeling torn.

"Let me know when the real Brayden is back. I don't know who this girl is but the Brayden I know would never give up and she would stay strong. Bye, have a nice day," I said with anger laced in my words and hung up the phone abruptly.

I wasn't necessarily mad at her. I was mad at the situation. Mad about being thousands of miles away from her. Mad about how difficult this is. Mad about our diminishing relationship.

I then started to walk to class and on my way there I saw Calumn getting food from the vending machine.

"Hey," I said with a shy smile.

"Hey," she said still punching in numbers to get a snack.

"I gave in. I called her," I said guiltily.

"Really?"

"Yeah, she called me back. I didn't answer. Then I felt bad so I called her back and she answered. I kind of snapped on her though. Should I say sorry?"

"Of course you should say sorry!" Calumn said in a duh tone.

"Yeah, you're right. I'll text her later," I said.

•••

I needed to clear my head so I decided to go for a walk. I grabbed my phone and my hat and walked out the door. I left my room quietly, making sure not to wake Ryder since it was really late.

Once I got outside, I started walking along a path that has pretty flowers, bushes and trees. I couldn't really see much but the pathway though, from the dim street lights.

As I was walking, thinking about what I had said to Brayden. I saw a strange man in a trench coat walking swiftly across the campus. I know sketchy when I see it so I decided to follow close behind him.

He ran up the stairs and into the building with the dorms. I know he's not a college student because from what I observed he had wrinkles and a lot of facial hair. I could barley see, but it looked like his hair was gray.

I ran up the stairs after him, trying to minimize noises. I made sure to keep my hat low so if he does turn around, he won't be able to analyze my face. As I followed him he entered the exact floor my dorm was on. At first, I was afraid he was here for me. I hoped and hoped that wasn't true. Thankfully, he passed my dorm. Suddenly, he turns and goes to unlock Calumn's dorm. Why is he going to Calumn's dorm?!

I quickly hid behind a wall, just in case he turned around. I watched him go into her dorm. Maybe she knows him. I was about to call her when I heard a chilling scream that echoed throughout the dorms. I ran, I ran so fast to her dorm; revealed to me was the man holding Calumn as he jumped out the window. I tried to catch up to him but he was already throwing Calumn into his truck. Something's going on here and I have a feeling it has something to do with me. Why is it that everyone I get close to is harmed?