chapter 42!

Corbyn's POV

I had called Brayden 23 times and she didn't answer any of them. I'm sure she's busy having fun with Alex. I just feel as if we are already losing touch. This long distance relationship is harder than I thought; I can't get her off my mind. All I want to do is be with her. My thoughts were interrupted when my teacher asked me a question.

"Uh, Corbyn, what is the mathematical formula engineers use to build a spaceship?" He asked.

"I don't know," I said, slightly embarrassed.

"Start paying attention."

"Yes sir."

I focused on the teacher, or at least I tried. But I couldn't stop thinking about Brayden.

•••

"So I was wondering if you could watch Blue for an hour or two this afternoon because I have a workout session to go to," Calumn said. I didn't realize she was speaking to me because I was busy thinking about Brayden and our first kiss.

"Corbyn?" She yelled to get my attention.

"Oh, sorry, uh, yeah I can watch Blue," I said.

"Are you okay, you seem sad."

"I'm fine."

"Okay."

"Corbyn, please just tell me," Calumn said.

"Why do I have to tell you? I literally just met you, I don't owe you an explanation. Sorry Calumn but you don't need to be so nosy," I said and stormed off.

"Are you still watching my dog?!" Calumn yelled.

"Yes," I said annoyed.

•••

Calumn dropped off her dog, Blue, and we barley said a word to each other. She gave me an awkward smile as she brought him in.

"Thanks," she said.

"No problem," I said back avoiding her gaze.

"I'm gonna go now," she said pointing to the hallway.

"Ok, bye," I said with attitude.

As soon as she left, I looked at the cute dog and started playing with her.

"You want you toy?!" I asked blue playfully. She wagged her tail and barked. "Awwwww, okay I'll go get it!" I gave her the toy and she started running around in circles out of joy. The hours went by fast, it didn't seem like long until I heard a knock on the door. I got up and opened it.

"Hey," Calumn said.

"Hey."

"How was she?"

"Good," I said nodding my head.

She took Blue and left to go back to her room. I am definitely getting a dog when I'm older.

•••

I was occupied, studying the planets while also watching tv which isn't a smart idea, but I don't care. It's not a big deal anyways because I already know too many facts about the planets. Suddenly, I see a text from Calumn.

Calumn: Hey, I'm sorry about earlier. I was just worried about you but I realize I was a bit annoying.

Corbyn: It's okay, I'm not mad about it anymore. If you want, I can tell you why I wasn't in a good mood.

Calumn: Really? You don't have to tell me though.

Corbyn: I know, but I want to. I have a feeling we are going to be good friends.

Calumn: Me too. So what's up?

Corbyn: Well, I just really miss Brayden. I've called her so many times and she didn't answer. I feel like she doesn't like me anymore.

Calumn: How could she not like you, have you looked in the mirror lately. Also, how many times did you call her?

Corbyn: I look in the mirror everyday and 23

Calumn: don't take things so literally and 23?!!! That's way too many calls!

Corbyn: Do I seem too clingy?

Calumn: Yes!

Corbyn: Oh, I thought girls like that

Calumn: They do but to an extent

Corbyn: Why is this so complicated?

Calumn: It's just how life is sometimes

Corbyn: So what do I do?

Calumn: Don't call her for a few days, see if she calls you herself

Corbyn: are you sure?

Calumn: yes, 100%

So I did what she said, I didn't call Brayden anymore.