chapter 15!

Brayden's POV

"I'll always love you," said Corbyn, holding my hand in his. I stared into his deep, blue eyes unable to respond, with a content smile.

"Say something Brayden!" Corbyn said, feeling embarrassed about his moment of vulnerability.

"Promise you'll never leave me? Promise you'll never make us separate again?"I asked, tears forming in my eyes.

"Brayden, I tried leaving you and I could barely live without you, I'm never letting you go again," he said.

Corbyn ran his fingers through my hair and grabbed my face, pulling my lips towards his.

You know those dreams that feel so real, and you want them to be real, but they're just not? Yeah... that was one of those.

I quickly snapped out of it when I heard my alarm clock beeping. I stomped out of bed and slammed my alarm clock, making sure I turned off the annoying noise.

I laid back in bed, staring at the ceiling. I wish I could fall back to sleep and repeat that dream, I wish it was real.

I stood up and looked for an outfit, I put on leggings, a Nike hoodie and some vans, my go to shoes.

I was running late so I grabbed a granola bar and headed out the door

•••

I walked into the school building about 10 minutes early, so I decided to pull out my book, P.S I still love you, and read.

As I was reading, I overheard Corbyn's voice on the phone just around the corner. I don't think he knows I'm right by him.

"Yeah, they both got phone calls," Corbyn said into the phone.

"No they don't know," Corbyn said as he began glancing around and locked eyes with me. I quickly looked back down at my book, even though I know he saw me staring at him.

"Gotta go," I heard him say. I heard his footsteps come towards me and then he sat down next to me.

"Hey," He said glancing over at my book. Before I had the chance to respond he interrupted, "Watcha reading?"

"P.S I Still Love You," I said, showing him the cover.

"I didn't know you liked reading," he said, looking surprised.

"Like is an understatement," I said, starting to read again.

"I guess you do seem like the bibliophile type," he said leaning in closer, placing his face in front of my book, so that we are now inches apart.

"There's thing thing, called eye contact, that you should do when you're talking to someone, it's considered polite," he said, sounding like a teacher.

"Why should I be courteous to you, Mr. expresses all their feelings when their drunk," I said with attitude, still resuming to read my book.

"How about we don't bring that night up," he says, his tone filled with regret.

"Oh, I'll bring it up. Especially if you don't want me to," I said smirking, still not looking up at him.

"Dang Owens, you really know how to work a guy," he said.

"What does that mean?" I asked, refusing to give him eye contact.

"You drive me crazy, like no other girl has," he said grabbing my book and closing it.

"Hey, you made me loose my page," I said, reaching for the book.

"I am not giving this back until you give me some proper eye contact," he said, playfully.