chapter 40!

Corbyn's POV

As I got off the plane I was welcomed with cold weather outside. I shivered because I did not think it would be this cold outside. Before I do anything, I'm buying a winter jacket.

•••

I walked into the entrance of Nova Tech and revealed to me was a futuristic, modern facility. There were enormous screens all around the walls displaying footage of outer space from the view of the NASA Hubble space camera. I was so amazed by the area; I stood there taking it all in. I could get used to this. I walked up to the front desk.

"Hi, I'm Corbyn Besson, I believe I have dorm room 217," I said to the man who seemed quite occupied at first, but dropped his current task as soon as I spoke.

"Oh, Corbyn! It's very nice to meet you, Mr. Garcia has told me all about you, and yes, here is your room key," he said with a warm smile, handing me the key.

"Thank you, I'm glad to be here," I said with a smile. I made my way to the elevators to find my dorm. When I got to the second floor I took one right and walked straight and soon enough, I faced my dorm. I opened the door with the room key and hauled my luggage inside. My roommate was already inside the room when I arrived.

"You must be Corbyn," the dark haired boy said walking up to me.

"Yeah, and you are?" I asked.

"I'm Ryder," he said.

"It's nice to meet you," I said with a fake smile plastered across my face. I hate roommates.

"Anyway, it's my second year here so I can help you if you need anything," he said, helping me situate my bags.

"Thanks, I'll need it, this campus is huge," I said with wide eyes.

"Yeah, I haven't even explored half of it myself," he said. I continued to organize my stuff, I was really sad I didn't have all my shoes; I had to leave some yeezys back at Jonah's. He better not wear them. I will find out, somehow.

•••

There was a freshman meeting tonight at the conference room so I decided to attend it. I could meet new people, it can't be that bad.

I closed the door to my room and began strutting down the hall when a puppy ran up to me. I guess they allow pets at this school. The puppy looked like a French bulldog and was jumping up and down barking at me. When suddenly a girl ran up claiming the dog.

"I'm so sorry!" She said grabbing the collar of the dog.

"Don't worry about it, I love dogs!" I said happily. "You're so cute!" I said to the puppy.

The girl looked up and to my surprise it was Calumn.

"Calumn?" I asked with wide eyes.

"I didn't know you were going to Nova Tech!" She exclaimed.

"I didn't know you were coming here either!"

"Well, I'm here," she said with an awkward laugh.

"I didn't know we were allowed to have pets," I said pointing to her French bulldog.

"We aren't," she said quietly.

"You're a rule breaker, huh?" I said with a smirk.

"I guess you could say that. I just didn't want to leave Blue behind though," she said with a smile.

"It's a girl?" I asked.

"Yeah," she said.

"Let's go back to my apartment before anyone sees her," Calumn said motioning me to follow her. So I did. We walked into her spacious room which was already decorated with planets and a space calendar. I glanced around her room, looking at all the decorations.