chapter 53!

Corbyn's POV

I wake up to the sound of heavy pounding on the front door. It takes me a few seconds to realize where I am and what happened. My first thought goes to Calumn who is sleeping soundly next to me.

I try to shake her awake.

"Calumn," I said softly, tapping her. She doesn't answer.

"Calumn!" I say louder into her ear. No response.

"Oh my god. Calumn. Wake up," I yell.  She still doesn't open her eyes. The pounding on the door gets louder, my head turns quickly in that direction.

"I'll be right back, Cal," I say even though she can't hear me. I walk towards the door and check to see who it is and to my surprise it's Brayden. Should I open the door? No. Yes.

I open the door and as soon as I do she crashes onto me with a big hug.

"Corbyn. I was so worried about you. When Ryder said you were missing, I I didn't know what to do. I didn't know what to think, how to feel but all I know is I've missed you," she says with her head in my shoulder. I put my arms around her, embracing the hug with mixed emotions.

"Brayden, I missed you too," I say into her ear. I hug her tighter, I never want to let go. She then steps away and looks at me.

"What the hell happened? Who's house is this? Are you okay? Are you in trouble?" She asked frantically.

"Ray hurt me. This is Calumn's house. I'm fine. Yes I'm kinda in trouble," I said answering all her questions. She then started walking towards the room Calumn and I were sleeping in.

"So if this is Calumn's house, does that mean she's here?" Brayden asked, with a hurt expression.

"No. Definitely not," I said with a nervous laugh and stepped in front of her. "You don't want to go in there."

"Why? Corbyn get out of my way," she said pushing me.

"Ow. Did you forget I am a wounded man?" I asked rubbing my arm.

"Oh. Yeah. I'm so sorry! Do you need me to kiss your boo boos?" She said in a baby voice.

"You could kiss me," I said with a smile.

"Ew."

"Hey. That's mean!"

"Stop distracting me!" She said walking closer to the room. She opened the door to see Calumn sleeping.

"Oh. So you guys are sleeping together, huh?" She said, biting her lower lip to stop her from getting mad. Her hands clenched up and she turned to face me.

"Why did I even come? I deserve this don't I?" She asked and nodded her head.

"She saved me after Ray hurt me and she has cancer and she's too weak to be on her own," I explained nervously.

"No. Corbyn it's okay," she said sadly.

"Did something else happen between you and Gary?" I asked, purposely saying his name wrong.

"No nothing happened between Grayson and I besides the kiss," She said with emphasis on his name.

"Oh. Well good."

"I'm just gonna go and finish my mission," she said pointing towards the door.

"Mission?"

"I have to get information about Ray."

"Brayden. You can't go near him. He will kill you," I said suddenly.

"Not if he doesn't see me," she said with a smirk.

"Stop, that's not funny. He's psycho, look what he did to me. It'll be worse for you."

"You can't stop me." She said walking away.

"Stop. Brayden please," I said grabbing her hand.

"Don't touch me. Go take care of Calumn. I'll talk to you later," she said, her words like ice.

"Please be careful," I say softly.

"I will." She walks out the door. I should do something about this but I need to focus on Calumn. I trust that she will be okay. She's Brayden, she can take care of herself. I've been the hero too many times.

Flashback: Brayden's POV: Finding Corbyn

I ran as fast as I could out of the Nova Tech building. All that was running through my brain is that Corbyn is missing. Corbyn is missing. No one can find him. He's been missing for a week. I can't lose him. I run faster than I ever have, I get in my car and read an article about him to get clues on where he is.

College Freshman: Missing
by: Alice Waters
A college freshmen at Nova Tech mysteriously vanishes and hasn't been seen for over a week. "He went to visit a friend at the hospital last week and never came back," his roommate Ryder says. He has no idea where Corbyn could be. He mentioned something mysterious about the blonde boy. He said he would leave late at night and didn't reveal much about himself. "I asked him about his father once and he warned me to never ask about his father again," Ryder says. Could his disappearance have something to do with his father? Or is the boy just going off the radar for his sneaky business. If anyone has any information on Corbyn Matthew Besson, contact us immediately.

From reading this I know that I should check the hospital first so that's where I head. I probably broke every single road rule, but it's fine. I have a reason.

Once I got there I asked what room Calumn was in. They told me she wasn't there but I could go there. I walked up to the room and looked for any evidence of where she could be. There was nothing but a phone. It was Calumn's I think. On the phone was a text message of Corbyn's location. I clenched my jaw, he texted her and not me. I could've helped him.

I took a picture of the location and began to drive there, revealed to me was an abandoned house with Rays car in the driveway. He must be here, he has to be.

I crept through the house, the floor boards made noises every few steps. I checked every room and no one was there. Corbyn wasn't there. After that I began, to freak out. How am I supposed to find him now? I walked back outside to my car and I saw a trail of blood. Corbyn.

I followed the blood until it stopped and then tried to find Corbyn's location through my phone. Luckily, the dumb boy forgot to power his phone off. Maybe he wants me to find him.

I soon rolled up to a house I've never seen and knocked on the door.

End of flashback

Corbyn's POV

"Come on Calumn," I said shaking her again. Nothing. Is she dying? Is she dead. No. I refuse to believe that. "I know what to do." I said. I got some water from the kitchen as splashed it all over her. She didn't flinch, she didn't even move. I need to call her parents.

•••

I opened to the door for Calumns parents.

"I can't believe we never thought to check the house," her dad said as he walked in.

"Where is my baby?" Her mom asked frantically searching the house.

"In her room," I said shyly. "Listen, I'm so sorry about all this. I didn't know she was going to come to me and I didn't know what to do."

"Don't worry about it. We just are happy she's okay," her dad said.

"Actually, I don't know if she's okay. She won't wake up," I said hesitantly.

"What do you mean she won't wake up?" Her mom yelled at me, standing above Calumn who was as still as a rock. I didn't answer as we all silently stared at her.

"Hey you're the kid who was missing," her dad suddenly pointed out.

"Please don't call them," I say quickly.

"I don't care anyways. We need to get Calumn back to the hospital," her dad said.

"Thank you for calling us," her mom said with worried eyes. We left the house, leaving me clueless on what to do next.