chapter 46!

Corbyn's POV

Back in time: A day after Calumn was stolen

"Calumn?! Where are you? Are you hurt?" I asked when I saw Calumn had called me.

"Corbyn, I need you to meet me in the... the alley," Calumn said with a voice crack and a whimper.

"Cal, why? What's wrong? I swear, if that man hurt you," I said, my emotions raging.

"If you're not here by 8:30, there will be consequences," she said ignoring my questions, sniffling.

"Calumn? What's going on?"

"If you don't come, he will hurt me more, please-" she said with a cry, suddenly the phone call disconnected.

"Cal? Calumn?" I said into the phone, soon realizing she was gone. A feeling of rage, encompassed my emotions. I walked past the chairs in my kitchen, pushing them over with a scream. They toppled over, next I grabbed a glass and threw it at the wall, watching it shatter onto the floor. I don't know why, but I began to cry. I don't think it was Calumn. I think it was everything. The fact that I've been through this before, the fact that I've lost people I love. I can't handle more tragedy in my life. I've been through enough. When will the torture end?

I ran to my car, because I'm going to save Calumn, I don't know how but I will. I didn't get the chance to save Ashley. I didn't get to save my mom from being locked up for years. I'm going to save Calumn, if it's the last thing I do. 

She texted me the address and I sped to that location. I didn't know who it was that awaited me, or what it was but I wasn't afraid. I was focused on Calumn.

When I made it to the alley, I saw a note telling me to enter the abandoned warehouse. So I did. I quietly opened the door which squeaked the entire time. I stepped inside, I couldn't see anything and the floor boards were creaking with every step. I turned right and continued walking straight, feeling for my phone in my pocket. My heart stopped when I realized I left it in my dorm, I was so worried about Calumn I forgot my only way of contacting help. I had to rely on feeling the sides of the walls to determine where I was, making sure I didn't run into anything.

I took careful steps throughout the warehouse, being as quiet as possible. I heard a squeaking sound and thankfully it was just a rat that scurried in front of me. I then saw a gleam of light come from the crack of a door, that must be where Calumn is. The door was cracked open, I held my eye up to it and what I saw was startling. An eye, staring back at me, a bright, blue eye. I covered my mouth to subside the sound of my scream.

I then opened the door to see no one in close proximity. Why was there an eye peeking at me? No one is close now. I saw Calumn tied to a chair who gave me a look of distress. She had a big bruise on her forehead and blood trickling down from the area of impact. Her hands were bruised as well and she had dark circles under her eyes.

"Cal? Calumn!" I exclaimed, running towards her.

"No! Don't," she yelled at me.

"What? Don't what?" I asked.

"Just leave, let him hurt me, I don't want you to get hurt."

"No. I'm going to get you out of here," I said while examining my surroundings.

Suddenly, an eccentric man with a mask in resemblance to a wolf with an owls features comes out of a room. I've seen this before. In his hand is a sharp, shiny blade.