chapter 34!

Corbyn's POV

"Why do I have to wear this blindfold?" Brayden asked as I guided her across town.

"Because if you don't it will ruin the surprise factor," I said.

"Corbyn. What are you doing?" She asked laughing, almost stumbling over something.

"Oh, watch out," I shouted.

"Thanks for telling me," she said sarcastically.

"I know you can't see me right now, but I'm rolling my eyes at you," I said, smiling at her.

"I figured," she said, looking proud.

"Anyways, I'm taking you somewhere special. I want to spend as much time with you as I can before..." I started to say.

"You don't have to say it Corbyn," she said, the mood switching to sadness.

"Well we are almost there, I'll try to make sure you don't run into anything else," I said, lightening up the mood.

"Ok. You're the worst guide ever," Brayden said, reaching her arms out to make sure she didn't run into anything. I started laughing at her. "What?" She asked, stopping what she was doing.

"Everyone's staring at us," I said with a giggle.

"I mean duh, I look like an idiot," she said laughing.

"You do," I said and she gave me what looked like a death stare, I wouldn't know though because I can't see her eyes. "A cute idiot," I added in.

"That's better," she said.

"Ok, here we are," I said, taking off her blindfold.

Revealed to her was an old junkyard.

"A junkyard? That's what you wanted to show me," she said, holding her nose from the odor.

"It's not just a junkyard. If you'd follow me, there's more," I said with a smile, grabbing her hand. I led her deeper into the junkyard where we faced a workshop, in the workshop was a broken down car.

"A rusty car, that's broken. Wow," she said sarcastically.

"It's yours," I said with a smile.

"It doesn't even work," she said pointing at it.

"I'm going to fix it, and then give it to you," I said.

"Corbyn. This is the nicest thing anyone's ever done for me," she said staring at me.

"I just wanted to give you something to remember me by, and I remember you telling me you like vintage cars," I said.

"I do. This is, amazing," she said and starting to walk around the car, inspecting its features.

"It should be ready in a few weeks," I said with a smile. Suddenly she opened the door and sat in the front seat, I hopped in shot gun next to her.

"So, how do you like it?" I asked her.

"I love it," she said, her hands on the steering wheel. "I could totally get used to this car."

"Good. I knew you'd like it," I said, watching her smile and leaned on the door. Suddenly the door fell off its hinges, thudding on the gravel. Brayden gasped and looked at me.

"I'll fix that later," I said with a nervous laugh.

"Should we get out of the car, in case something else breaks?" She asked, trying not to laugh.

"I think that would be best," I said, staring at the fallen door.

We both made eye contact and started bursting out laughing. It was one of those moments when you had to be there for it to be funny.

We walked back to Jonah's house which wasn't far from the junkyard. When we walked into the house we saw Jonah in a robe watching tv.

"Oh hey guys, I didn't know you were going to home so soon," he said looking down at his robe and then back at us.

"Nice robe," I said laughing.

"It looks good on you Jonah, ignore Corbyn," Brayden said.

"Thanks Bray," Jonah said with a smile.

"Hey, how come you never compliment me?" I asked Brayden.

"What is there to compliment on?" She asked with a smirk and walked to the guest bedroom.

"Get back here!" I yelled chasing after her and tackled her onto the bed.

"I mean you can be cute sometimes," she said with a shrug, giving me a quick kiss.

"I'm going to miss you Bray," I said, as she laid on my chest.

"I'm going to miss you too," she said sadly.

"It's going to be weird without you," I said, playing with her hair.

"Corbyn, we should break up," she said sitting up. I sat up and looked into her eyes, her words breaking my heart.

"Why would we break up?" I asked.

"I'm not good with long distance relationships," she said.

"Well get good at it," I said laughing.

"This is serious Corbyn. If we are really trying to move on, we can't be together," she said.

"But I'm not trying to move on," I said staring at her intently.

"I just need some time, away from you," she said, scooting over on the bed.

"Brayden, I don't understand, we were fine just a couple minutes ago. What happened?" I asked starting to get frustrated.

"Corbyn, do you understand how much this is going to hurt me. The more time I spend with you, the deeper I fall into love with you. I don't think I can handle being away from you at this point," She said starting to cry.

"Woah. Woah. Woah. It's okay, please don't cry," I said pulling her into my arms. I stroked her arm with one hand and held the back of her head with the other. We laid there as she cried herself to sleep. I guess I didn't realize how hard this was going to be.