chapter 49!

Brayden's POV

I woke up, my eyes puffy from crying. I listened to Soleil rant about her life problems. Actually, I didn't really listen I just pretended to. While she was talking, I packed up my items because I'm going somewhere where they won't find me. I'm heading the the secret quarters of my old organization. I haven't been there in a couple years, so they will be surprised.

"Why are you packing up?" Soleil asked, just now realizing.

"I have to go because of an emergency," I explained. I should've known this would happen and now I don't have Alex to help me. I'm sure if I never got associated with Corbyn, none of this would be happening but he just had to run into me and make me fall in love.

"Are you ever coming back?"

"I don't know," I said.

"Well, I guess I'll miss you," Soleil said.

"I know you're not going to miss me Soleil, you don't have to pretend," I said with a laugh.

"Ok good."

"I'm not going to miss you either," I added in.

"I know," she said with a smile.

"Alright, I gotta go, there's something I need to do," I said waving to Soleil. She waved back. When I was a few steps away, I already heard Soleil blasting music. I rolled my eyes as I walked off.

I was going to find Grayson because I needed to apologize, for everything. He's usually at the gym, so I think I will find him there.

Sure enough, he's on the treadmill. I walk into the gym and stand next to his treadmill screaming his name since he has headphones in. He finally notices me and turns off the treadmill.

"Brayden I don't want to talk to you right now," he said, grabbing a towel to wipe off his sweat.

"I just came to apologize," I said.

"Why didn't you tell me you weren't interested. You made me look like a fool, I liked you Brayden," he said with a look of disappointment.

"I know, I should've told you, I'm sorry, I really am. I'm leaving so I wanted to say bye," I said sincerely.

"Why are you leaving?" He asked, his facial expression changing to sad.

"I can't explain why."

"Does it have to do with your boyfriend?"

"No. Actually, Yes."

"Ok well, I wish you weren't leaving but I can't change that so can I have a goodbye hug?" Grayson asked.

"You're all sweaty," I said, making a disgusted face.

"Fine. Air hug?" He asked.

"That's so cheesy," I laughed.

"Never mind. I'll miss you Brayden," he said with a genuine smile.

"I'll miss you too," I said and waved.

•••

Time skip: in California at headquarters

"Brayden?" The agencies lead agent asked.

"Hi Kyla," I said with a smile. She ran towards me with her arms opened and we hugged spinning in a circle. As a child, Kyla was like my mother. When my mom was on missions, Kyla would watch me, and now she's much older and the lead agent.

"It's been so long," Kyla said pushing me forward to look at my face. "Wow you look so beautiful."

"Thank you. So do you," I said.

"So, why are you here?" She asked seriously, the moment being over.

"I'm just here because my life could possibly be threatened but that's all," I said in a nonchalant tone, despite the fact that I was freaking out.

"Why is your life in danger?"

"Long story short, I met corbyn Besson, fell for him, dated him, and now Ray wants me killed because I killed Ashley," I said quickly.

"Wait? You killed Ashley?"

"It was an accident but that's totally beside the point. I'm in danger because of Corbyn mainly," I said.

"That kids trouble," Kyla said shaking her head.

"No he's not, his family is but he's not," I said reassuringly.

"You don't know half of the stuff I know about him," she said with a chuckle.

"Like what?" I asked, intrigued.

"That's classified information for agents only," Kyla said with a smirk.

"Oh come on. My mom used to lead this organization. I have the right to know," I said sassily.

"You dropped out of this company. You don't deserve to know," she teased.

"Wow. You're not still mad at me, are you?" I asked.

"You just had to leave."

"Kyla. I wanted a normal life, I still do," I explained.

"Anyway, how long are you going to stay here?" She asked, changing to subject.

"I don't know. I need to contact Corbyn," I said.

"Corbyn? You guys are still together? After everything that's happening?"

"I don't know. It's weird we never broke up but I think he's mad at me. Long distance is harder than we thought," I said.

"Oh. I know how it feels," she nodded. "I love being an agent, but it really messes up your social life."

"Yep, you could say that again."

She escorted me to a room I would stay at and told me I would be safe which I didn't doubt. The walls and windows are practically indestructible. The most powerful machine guns could never break the barriers.

I would've slept soundly if I didn't have Corbyn on my mind. Why does it seem like the world is against us being together? When will the stars align?