chapter 22!

Corbyn's POV

I woke up when I almost flipped over in the hammock Brayden and I had apparently fell asleep in. Since I tipped the hammock I bit, Brayden almost fell off so I quickly caught her, making her wake up.

"We seriously fell asleep outside?" Brayden asked rubbing her eyes.

"Yeah," I said laughing looking around the outdoors.

"My neck hurts," she said.

"My back hurts," I said.

"Who put this blanket here?" Brayden asked taking it off.

"I don't know," I said.

We went inside to go make some breakfast.

"Mom, did you put a blanket on me and Corbyn?" Brayden asked.

"Yeah, I didn't want you guys to be cold and I saw you sleeping so I didn't bother waking you guys up," her mom said smiling.

"Oh well thanks Mrs.Owens," I said smiling, feeling a little awkward.

"You guys are so cute," her mom said.

Brayden started blushing and I'm not sure if I was or not. I tried to hold it in though.

"Do you want some waffles?" Brayden asked opening the freezer.

"Sure," I said.

"I can make them for you two," Brayden's mom offered.

"That would be nice mom," Brayden said.

"Ok," she said smiling.

Soon enough our waffles were ready and we enjoyed breakfast together.

•••

I was going on my phone when I unexpectedly got an email. I clicked on it to see what it was all about.

Dear Corbyn Besson,

It is with great pleasure that I write to inform you that you have been accepted for admission to Nova Tech. On behalf of the staff at Nova Tech, we welcome you into our facility. We will present to you many technological opportunities to interact with computers and our newest designs as well as an internship and possible job offer in the future. Your academic accomplishments and understanding of technological devices has benefitted you towards your acceptance and we will commit to increasing your talent. Our goal is to make new discoveries about space through technology. We hope to see you here at Nova Tech.

Sincerely,
Dave Garcia
Director of Admissions 

I had sent in an admission to Nova Tech earlier this year but I wasn't expecting to get accepted. I'm torn because Nova Tech is located in Hartford, Connecticut. That's so far away from my family and friends, including Brayden.

I decided I wasn't going to tell anyone until I chose whether I would go there.

I quickly exited out of the email before Brayden saw. I know if she saw it she'd tell me to go, and to be honest I don't want to. Even though we aren't dating, I still feel an attachment to her. It would be too hard to be away from her.

"So explain to me how Tyler is apart of the phone calls," Brayden said.

"I took a video, wanna see?" I asked her.

"You could've video edited it for all I know," she said crossing her arms.

"Why would I?" I asked, finding it somewhat comical.