chapter 26!

Corbyn's POV

The first people to arrive were Jonah's cousins who he was really happy to see. They greeted each other while Brayden and I felt really awkward because we didn't know any of them.

"Guys this is Corbyn and Brayden," Jonah said, introducing us.

They all told us their names and we talked for a few minutes. More people starting showing up and giving Jonah hugs.

Suddenly Emery and Leah barged into the door and attacked Jonah with a hug.

"I was so worried for you," Emery said, squeezing him tightly.

"I'm so glad you're okay," Leah said smiling at Jonah.

"Thanks guys," he said smiling back.

More people started filing in and it was a huge turn out, we had music playing and Jonah seemed to be having fun.

"So far its a success," Brayden said happily.

"Yeah," I said nodding my head, observing the party.

"Do you want me to grab you a drink?" I asked Brayden.

"Sure, could you get me a coke?" She asked.

"On it," I said, heading to the drink table.

As I was walking I saw my father in the corner, who was doing a terrible job at being discrete. I headed over to him, anger fuming inside.

"Why are you here?" I asked grinding my teeth.

"I came to see you, to apologize," he said.

"That's funny, what do you want?" I asked, hardly believing his insincere apology.

"I'm serious, I'm here to apologize," he said once more.

"Alright well I don't wanna hear it," I said rolling my eyes.

"How's Saskia?" He asked.

"Why should you care. She's dead to you," I said, anger laced in my words.

"Nothing changes that fact that I love her," he said.

"You want to know who she's doing?" I asked.

"Yes," He said.

"She's doing great and not thanks to you. You are such a vile human being, locking someone up without their consent, robbing us of our wonderful mother. You don't deserve her love," I said.

"I understand that you're mad at me but that doesn't mean I'm going to pretend we aren't family," he said, his eyes flickering to a spot behind me.

"Family. How dare you call us family. I'm ashamed to be a Besson and that's all because of you. The fact that I'm related to you, makes me want to gag. I'd rather slide down a banister of razor blades and land in a pool of alcohol than be related to you. You make me sick," I said raising my voice, a few people now staring at us.

He continued to glance behind me and I became suspicious, I went to turn around when he pulled me back.

"How dare you speak to me in that tone, I still have legal custody of you," he said grabbing my shirt.

I took a gulp. "Let me down. I'm an adult and I don't have to listen to your commands, and I won't," I yelled.

He let me go and I turned around to see Jordan sneaking around Jonah's house, keeping a low profile. That's why he's here, to distract me. I should've known, I fell for it.

"What the hell are you doing at this party?" I asked Jordan walking up to him.

"Oh Corbyn didn't see you there," he said with a smirk.

I grabbed my phone and dialed 911.

"Hi hello, yes I have a psychopath in the house I'm in right now, he attempted to kill a person as well. Yes he shot Jonah Marais," I said into the phone.

I told them the address and his license plate.

"What did you just do?" Jordan asked clenching his jaw.

"I called 911," I said obviously.

He walked out the house with Ray quickly.

"You really thought I would hesitate?" I asked, yelling at Jordan and Ray.

"You think I can't hide from the cops? I've done this before it's no big deal to me," Jordan said.

"Oh yeah? Well you seem to feel intimidated by me. You're not under the radar anymore, I'm one step ahead of you," I said with confidence.

"We'll see son," Ray said, adding to the tension.

They pulled out of the driveway, so fast the tires skidded across the road.

I walked back inside scanning the crowd to make sure no one else suspicious was there. With Brayden around we really need to keep at good watch.

I grabbed Brayden's drink, almost forgetting it entirely.

I handed her the drink.

"It takes that long to grab a drink?" Brayden asked.

"No. Ray was here, and Jordan," I said.

"Ray as in your father? Jordan as in the person who tried to kill me and shot Jonah?" Brayden asked, wide eyed.

"Yes," I said.

"Do we need security or something?" Brayden asked, joking.

"Actually..." I said thinking.

"Oh no I don't like that look," Brayden said.

"What look?" I asked, not knowing what she meant.

"The look you do when you have an idea," she said.

"Oh, heh, we are getting you security," I said, knowing she wouldn't be too happy about that.

" ugh why did I say that, I'm an idiot," she said.

"You mean 1D10T5," I said, using numbers and letters to spell idiot.

"Yeah whatever, I don't want security!!" She said, whining like a baby.

"Too bad so sad," I said, giving her a pout.

"Meanie," she said.

"Actually you should be calling me Nicey because I want you to live," I said with sass.

"And why's that? Why not just let me die?" She asked.

"Because I care about you too much," I said, not bringing up the fact that I was supposed to kill her.

"Aw thanks I care about you too," she said with a warm smile.

That smile brings me so much joy. It's a smile I wouldn't mind looking at for the rest of my life. I don't think she will ever understand how I feel about her. Every time I think about her, I instantly smile. But then again, who wouldn't fall for Brayden. She's perfect in every single way. She's beautiful, intelligent and has confidence that will drive a man crazy. She can be bossy but is still vulnerable enough that you can protect her. I should stop. This is stupid.

I walked to go check on Jonah because I needed to get away from Brayden. I was so close to dropping everything and kissing her right there in the middle of the room, for all to see. I needed to get away.

"You having fun Jonah?" I asked him, interrupting his conversation with his baseball friends.

"Actually I am, thank you guys so much. This is just what I needed," Jonah said.

"I'm glad. I'd do anything for you," he said giving him a smile.

He continued to talk to his friends while I walked back to the room I was staying in. I sat down on the desk and took a deep breath. I need a plan. I said I was one step ahead of Jordan and Ray, but the truth is I'm not even close. I have no clue what I'm going to do. I'm in too deep into this organization and I have no way out.