chapter 21!

Brayden's POV

I felt bad for hanging up on Corbyn but I was just so mad. He's accusing my best friend of something he didn't do. At least I hope he didn't.

I tried to go back to sleep since it was so late. My eyes were closed but I was still aware of everything and my brain wouldn't stop thinking. Suddenly I saw a bright flash of light through my closed eyelids. I quickly opened my eyes to look through the blinds but I didn't see anything. The rest of that night, I had an uneasy feeling. Someone was watching me.

•••

I woke up and put on my uniform for Starbucks. I was required to wear a black collared shirt and khaki pants. I had a later shift that started at 5:00pm so I left around 4:45.

When I arrived I was introduced to all the workers and assigned a task. I didn't have much to do but clean up around the place and watch the experts make coffee.

As I was cleaning up a vacant table I heard the bell on the door ring, signifying someone had just walked in. I look at the door to see who it is and it's Tyler. Does he know I work here now or did he just happen to come?

"Brayden?" He asked with surprise.

"Hey Tyler," I said throwing away some used napkins.

"You work here?" He asked.

"No, I'm just wearing the uniform," I said sarcastically.

"Someone needs their coffee," said Tyler.

"Shut it," I said annoyed.

"Speaking of, I'm going to order you one," he said happily.

"No need for that," I said.

"I'm buying you one," he said.

"Ok," I said smiling.

I tried to look into his eyes, to see if there was anything suspicious about him. To me everything seemed normal, there's no way he's the culprit of the phone calls. Corbyn is just trying to ruin our friendship. Right? I mean Tyler has always been such a good person, he'd be the last person to do something like that. I just don't believe it, and I won't.

My eyes drifting towards the entrance again when the bell rang once more. This time it was Corbyn.

He looked at me, smiled and walked towards me.

"Just thought I'd visit you on your first day as a barista," he said happily.

"Well, I'm not much of a barista yet," I said, looking at the mess I had to clean up.

"Yet," He said with optimism.

"One iced caramel macchiato with extra caramel," Tyler said handing it to me.

"Why thank you," I said smiling and taking a sip.

When Tyler saw Corbyn his eyes instantly peered at him.

"You're friends with Corbyn?" He asked, eyeing him.

"More than just that," said Corbyn, defensively.

"What does he mean by that?" Tyler asked me.

"That we are more than just friends," I said.

"Well I just took Brayden out on a breakfast date so clearly you aren't that important to her," Said Tyler, trying to look better than Corbyn.

"Why are you going on dates with... HIM?" Corbyn said, sounding disgusted.

I didn't respond.

"It's not like it matters. Are you two a couple or something?" Tyler asked Corbyn.

"Actually. We are," Said Corbyn.

What is he talking about?

"Well then she's cheating on you," Tyler said.

Suddenly Corbyn pushed Tyler into a few chairs behind him. Tyler pushed him back and Corbyn ran into a stand with plastic coffee cups on it.

"Guys! Guys! Stop!" I yelled standing in between them.

"Who does he think he is? He comes back after a few years and thinks everything can go back to normal. He's not who he says he is Brayden why won't you believe me," Corbyn yelled.

All the employees were staring at us now. What a perfect first impression.

"Corbyn, I don't want to hear it right now. You two are immature, making me look bad on my first day of work," I said, walking away.

"Brayden, wait!" Tyler said.

I turned around and shook my head.

"We won't be needing to go on anymore dates, I've already made my decision," I said to Tyler.

Corbyn's expression turned into a smirk.

"And as for you Corbyn, we aren't in a relationship so nice try," I said.

"I knew it," Said Tyler.

"Shut the hell up," Said Corbyn as he stormed out of Starbucks.

"Can I just explai..." said Tyler as I cut him off.

"Get out. Now," I said motioning towards the door.

I felt so embarrassed in front of everyone. Hopefully I don't get fired.

"I like this girl. She got attitude," said a worker named Ally.

I laughed and started picking up the coffee cups Tyler had pushed Corbyn into.

I couldn't help but feel flattered that Corbyn had said we were in a relationship. I know he was only saying it because he was jealous but that shows he cares about me...in its own way.

I apologized to the manager and she said it was okay but not to start drama here anymore, I nodded in agreement.

My shift was over around 8:00pm and I returned my apron and said bye to the other employees.

As I was walking to my car I got a text from Bean.

Corbyn: I'm really sorry Brayden. I shouldn't have done that, especially on your first day of work. Will you forgive me?

Brayden: I don't know.

Corbyn: Please Bray! I'm really sorry.

Brayden: I'll think about it.

Corbyn: Will you forgive me if I bring you some ice cream?

Brayden: Maybe :)

Corbyn: I'll be right over.

•••

"Here's some ice cream for mah lady," Corbyn said handing me a treasure chest flavored ice cream cone.

Treasure chest has always been my favorite because it has every chocolate candy you could possibly imagine in it. Dani would hate it.

Corbyn and I walked outside and sat in a hammock in my backyard once we finished our ice cream cones.

The hammock was small so we were cuddling inside of it. He wrapped his arms around me, I've never felt safer.

"I don't know what I'd do if you didn't forgive me," Corbyn said.

"I'm sure you'd be fine," I said.

"No, I wouldn't be fine. I'd be depressed," he said.

"You care about me that much?" I asked, surprised.

"Yes. You are my everything Brayden. Nothing will ever change how I feel about you," he said playing with my hair.

I gave him a hug to signal I felt the same way because in all honesty, I didn't know what to say.

We feel asleep outside in the hammock together that night.

•••

This chapter is so short and I'm truly sorry! Anyways, hope you like it! The further into this book I get, the more I ship Brayden and Corbyn ahhhh😍