chapter 20!

Corbyn's POV

I was heading to the address of the girl I needed to murder to finally be free of the organization. After this, I never want to see my dad again.

As I was driving, the roads started looking oddly familiar. I remember this road. I made it to the house, it was so familiar, I know who's house this is.

There's no way. Maybe it's not who I think it is.

I walk to the side of the house and peek through one of the windows and sure enough it's exactly who I thought it was. Brayden.

I sat there silently. I was unable to function. I just watched her dance around her room with a Christmas blanket. She looked so happy, careless, she doesn't know that people are planning to murder her.

She suddenly looks out the window and sees me. She immediately stopped dancing and opened her window.

"Why don't you just come in through the front door?" She asked.

"I don't know," I said, unable to look at her.

"So you make me give you eye contact but you don't have the decency to give me some," she said, jokingly.

"It's more complicated than you think," I said looking at her.

I feel so guilty. I feel like a monster.

"You can come in," she said.

"Ok," I said, squeezing through the window.

"Do you want some coffee or hot chocolate?" She asked.

"Sure," I said, awkwardly.

"Which one?" She asked, expecting an answer.

"...oh sorry... umm a hot chocolate would be nice," I said.

"Coming right up," she said skipping out of her room to go make it.

While she was gone I looked at all her photos from when she was young. She looks the same, she has the same puppy dog eyes and fair complexion. The same bright smile that lights up my world.

She had another photo gallery that had pictures with all her friends on it. Most of them were with Emery and Leah. I'm glad Leah and her are getting close. She also had a few photos with a guy I've met before. I don't trust him one bit. He has been in my dads organization for a short amount of time. He worked for us in a different state but he came here to work along side my dad.

I mainly don't like him because my dad always tells me how he's so much better than I am. He compares me to him and even refers to him as his "son". He always said I should be more like him.

I felt like ripping the pictures of them together. I took one off it's paper clip but Brayden came in as I was looking at it. I quickly set it down.

"Whatcha looking at?" She asked, peering at the picture.

"Just your pictures," I said.

"That's my best friend Tyler," she said, picking up the picture and putting it back on the paper clip.

She handed me the hot chocolate and I took a sip.

"How long have you guys been friends?" I asked, trying not to sound pissed.

"Oh, since childhood," she said smiling.

"Oh..." I said clenching my jaw.

She took notice to the way I was acting.

"Is there something wrong? With Tyler?"She asked.

Yes. Everything's wrong with him.

"No. I'm just not a big fan of him, that's all," I said, holding in my negative comments.