chapter 48!

Corbyn's POV

I listened to the door being slammed behind me. This whole thing was a mistake, I should have never came to Florida. I spent all that money on a plane ticket, just to find out Brayden's cheating on me. I walked back to the airport to board a plane back to Connecticut. Part of me felt wrong for leaving, I hope she figures everything out. I'm not sure if we broke up but I don't think we are on speaking terms yet.

Once I was in the airport I went to a bookstore that was there and I picked up a book to read to keep me busy.

•••

Once I arrived back in Connecticut my first thought was to go visit Calumn in the hospital. I never really checked up on her and it is my fault that she's in this condition. I parked in the hospital parking lot and walked into the lobby. I made my way to the front desk.

"Hello, I'm here to see Calumn Anderson," I said politely.

"Ok, one moment please," the woman said with an artificial smile. I nodded my head and sat down on a chair, pulling out my book I was almost finished with.

"Young man," the woman called out. I nodded my head and stood up anxiously.

"Calumn is in room 235 on the third floor," she said and gave me a pass.

"Thank you," I said, taking the pass. I began to walk and suddenly I felt nervous. What if she hates me for leaving her right away. I finally made it to her room but she was asleep. I wanted to wait until she woke up but I didn't think it would take so long. I eventually drifted off to sleep when I woke up the sound of beeping. It was her heart rate. My eyes automatically shot open as I stared at her with panic. What was I supposed to do? I checked my phone, it was 1am.

I ran out into the lobby where doctors were already rushing towards me.

"Her heart rate monitor is beeping?" The doctor asked me.

"Yeah," I said, barely awake. They pushed past me and told me not to come in. My stuff was still in the room but I was too tired to care. I found a couch in the lobby and fell asleep on it. I was unsure of what was happening with Calumn, I didn't realize the seriousness of the situation that night.

•••

I woke up in the hospital lobby around 6am. As soon as I got up, I realized my neck hurt really badly. I could barley turn my neck to the right without tearing up.

I got up, holding my neck, and walked to Calumn's hospital room. There I saw her, tear stained, and I ran towards her.

"Is everything okay, I was so worried," I asked.

"Everything's fine," she said sniffling.

"Come on Calumn just tell me what's going on," I said with a disappointed face.

"I don't want to tell you, it will just ruin everything, so please don't ask," she said.

"Ok, I won't ask," I said nodding my head in agreement. "When will you be able to leave the hospital?"

"A few days."

"Ok, good. I don't know what I'd do without you," I said with a smile. Suddenly Calumn began crying again.

"Was it something I said?" I asked, worriedly.

"No. No. It's not your fault. I'm just going to tell you. Corbyn, I have leukemia. It's been festering in my body for too long now. The doctors said they don't know how good my chances are in surviving," she said, tears flowing like a waterfall. I was in shock. I stood there, with a blank facial expression. I then walked up to her and gave her a hug. We stayed like that for a couple minutes.

"You're going to beat this cancer," I said confidently.

"I don't know corbs," she said, her eyes red and puffy.

"Well, I know that you will," I said.

"Thank you for being her for me," she said with a smile.

"Of course," I said.

"What about Brayden?"

"She likes someone else, I think. It doesn't matter anyways," I said, the anger from the argument coming back.

"So you guys aren't dating anymore?"

"Well, we never really broke up, we just got into a huge argument," I said.

"Oh, I'm really sorry Corbyn. I know how much you love her."

"Yeah, but I don't want to talk about it right now," I said, trying to forgot my emotions.

"Ok. Then we don't have to talk about it! So what are we gonna do so I can live it up while I have cancer?" Calumn asked.

"We should go to all the amusement parks around here, the best restaurants, all the sights," I said with a smile.

"Sounds good," she said.

"Will you be okay here if I leave. I need to get back to the college," I told her.

"I'll be fine!" She said with a thumbs up.

"Ok, bye," I said and gave her a hug. I walked out of the room, staring at her with a smile the whole way out, I then bumped into a man since I was looking where I was going.

I turned around to say sorry and it was Tyler. My first thought was to punch him so I did. I punched him so hard with all my strength. A few nurses grabbed my arms holding me back from him as I tried to punch him again. I don't know what got into me but I was like a wild animal with rabies.

I rubbed my eyes open and realized the man wasn't Tyler, he was just another average patient. I just punched a man I've never met. Oh my god what's wrong with me?

"I'm so sorry. I thought he was someone else," I said to the nurses. They looked at me horrified and took me to a room. "Wait here," they said. I waited there for what seemed like hours. Then a man came into the room.

"He's crazy. He randomly punched one of our patients," the nurse told him. The man nodded his head.

"I'm not crazy," I protested.

"Son, you're seeing things, that's not normal," the man said while putting his hand on my shoulder.

"I'm not seeing things. It's just one time. This has never happened to me before it's nothing to worry about," I said.

"We have someone who can help with this, Dr. Besson?" The man called out. That's when my father stepped into the room.

"Hello young man, I'm going to council you since you are seeing visions," he said with his hand out, pretending he didn't know me. How is this possible? I gave him the death stare and refused his hand shake. He shrugged it off and told me to follow him.

Once we were away from the doctors and nurses my father and I were able to speak.

"So you got what you wanted, huh?" I said grinding my teeth.

"You never fulfilled your promise to the organization," he said ignoring my question.

"I'm not killing Brayden, you're delusional if you think I would," I said, putting my shoulders back to appear taller.

"Why not? After all, she did cheat on you and kill your sister. You have motives," my father said with a smirk.

"I'm not killing Brayden," I said again.

"Fine, that means you'll never get out of this organization then," my father said.

"I know that dad."

"Good."