chapter 24!

Corbyn's POV

I run towards the car as Brayden's life is being threatened. I need to make it to the greenhouse in time, if I don't I won't be able to live with myself. Jonah and I run like our lives depend on it.

Jordan is closer to pulling the trigger when Jonah and I make it into the greenhouse. Jonah is ahead of me when Jordan pulls the trigger.

The bullet has been released, spiraling towards the love of my life when Jonah jumps in front of it. I wanted to be the one who took the bullet I didn't want to see my friends get hurt but I wasn't there in time.

Jonah gets hit, I scream.

"Jonah. Jonah. No!" I yell running to him.

I think Brayden is still in shock because she just stands there.

"Jonah. Don't leave me," I said crying.

I called an ambulance and told them where we were.

When Brayden realizes what is happening, tears form in her eyes.

"He took the bullet for me?" She asked, crying.

I nodded.

"Jonah can you hear me?" I asked.

I took him a while but he answered.

"Yeah," Jonah said groggily.

"Oh my god, Jonah hang in there," Brayden said.

"Don't leave us," I said crying.

I sat there holding Jonah.

"Grab a cloth," I said to Brayden.

She ran and found a cloth and handed it to me. I covered his wound, it was bleeding so much.

"Jonah, stay strong. The ambulance is coming," I said calmly. He nodded his head and winced in pain.

Brayden sat on the floor crying, I think she feels guilty.

"It's not your fault, he wanted to save you," I said to Brayden.

"I know I just still feel like it should've been me," she said, wiping her tears.

I was going to respond when I heard the siren of the ambulance.

They ran in, picked up Jonah and put him on the stretcher.

"What happened?" The man in the ambulance asked.

"H-he was shot," I said trying not to cry again.

"By who?" He asked.

I looked back in the greenhouse. I was so focused on Jonah, I gave Jordan the chance to run away.

"He's gone," I said quietly.

"The police will catch him later, for now let's focus on.."

"Jonah," I said filling him in.

"Jonah. Let's focus on Jonah," the man said.

They rushed him into the back of the ambulance and closed the door. Leaving Brayden and I staring at the back of the vehicle, hoping he would be okay.

I felt sick. He's always been there for me and now he might not be. Jonah, my best friend, the one who will always give me the best advice, the one who will keep the peace. I don't know what I'll do without hearing him complain about needing coffee, or talk about Harry Potter. Jonah better be okay.

I looked at Brayden and we had the same idea because we both headed to my car.

"We're going to the hospital right?" Brayden asked.