chapter 29!

Brayden's POV

It was the night of senior prom. I had dreamed about this night since I was a little girl. I get to feel like a princess for one night with my prince. I was getting ready with Emery and Leah at my house. I chose to wear a royal blue dress because I've always liked how I looked in the color.

"Should I wear the black dress or the burgundy dress?" Emery asked holding both of the dresses up.

"I like to burgundy one," Leah said.

"Me too, it matches your skin tone better," I said.

"Yeah. I think it does too," Emery said holding the dress up to her body, looking in the mirror.

"I voted for you and Daniel for prom King and Queen," I said, smiling at Leah, holding a mascara wand.

"Thanks, I can't believe I'm running for it," she said laughing.

Leah isn't usually the type to do things like this. But me and Emery made her, literally. Leah isn't anti social but she's not outgoing either so this is a big leap for her. I hope they win, it would be so cute to see them up there together.

I did Emery's makeup since she never really wears makeup, she doesn't know much about it. I've always been into makeup, especially eyeshadow looks. I'm going to do a smokey eye on Emery, it is going to look great.

It took us an hour to get ready and we then waited for the boys to pick us up. Jack and Jonah ended up getting dates which I was so happy about.

A few minutes later the boys drove up in a white limo and walked out in their tuxedos. We said bye to my mom and walked out to meet them.

I ran up to Corbyn and gave him a big hug and he spun me around.

"He must really like you if he's taking you to prom," Jonah whispered in my ear. I smiled at him, I felt good knowing that I'm the first dance date Corbyn's ever had. That must mean something.

We all sat in the spacious limo with our dates and blasted our favorite songs. We sang along at the top of our lungs.

•••

I walked into prom, hand in hand with Corbyn. I gulped because at this moment I realized I don't know how to dance. I can dance but I look discombobulated. I should have practiced slow dancing, but I'm here with no knowledge of it.

Corbyn felt me tense up. "What's wrong?"

"I just realized I don't know how to slow dance," I said looking up at him, embarrassed.

"Well lucky for you, you have an amazing partner who knows how. Just follow my lead," he said with confidence.

I nodded my head and we walked into the crowd of people.

Corbyn guided me across the dance floor, it was like a dream. He kept his gaze on me, yet still, he knew exactly where to take me. Every moment, every move, seemed to be planned in advance. Nothing felt forced, I felt as if I were a delicate angel floating across the room.

"Everyone's watching us," I said to Corbyn, looking around while we continued to dance.

"Really?" He chuckled softly. "I hadn't noticed," he said as he towered over me.

"Why are they staring?" I asked.

"They're looking at you of course. You look amazing tonight. I can't keep my eyes off you either," he said in a raspy voice.

All of me by John Legend came on as I rested by head on his chest. The warmth between us seemed to be growing each second. His touch left such a sensation, my heart was beating along with his. Everything about the dance felt perfect as our feet moved along in sync. I would dance in his arms forever if I could.

"And you said you didn't know how to dance?" He said.

"No, but you make it seem so easy," I said.

"When it's just you and I, it is easy," he said smirking.

His smirk caught me off guard, left me breathless. I stared deep into his eyes. I feel like I know him, from somewhere else. I've seen those piercing blue eyes before. At this moment our relationship seems more intimate.

"Bray, sorry to interrupt but I have to use the bathroom," Corbyn said.

"Ok. Go ahead I'll be waiting over there," I said pointing to a table near the back.

"I'll be quick," he said as he walked away.

I made my way back to the table and grabbed my drink, I took as sip as I watched all the other couples dance.

Suddenly, I felt dizzy. The room was already dark so I could barley see anything, the lights were a blur. I tried to sit on the chair behind me but my vision was so inferior I missed the seat. I slowly fell backwards and hit my head on the chair. A sharp pain ran through my skull and into my veins. I don't remember much after seeing Tyler right in front of me.