chapter 28!

Corbyn's POV

I watched Brayden walk away with Alex, this shouldn't bother me as much as it does. Here I am being reminded of how much I love Brayden when she is having fun with another guy. I know it doesn't mean anything but I can't help but be jealous.

"Try not to look so jealous," Jonah said walking up to me.

"It's that obvious?" I asked, with a sigh.

"Yeah man you're turning green," he said.

"I can't help it," I said.

"We need to get your mind off of her," Jonah said.

"No we don't," I said.

"Yes. We do. She's all you think about," he said.

"Is that a bad thing?" I asked.

"Not necessarily but if you're not ever gonna ask her out then it's not ideal," he said, making a good point.

"I just don't want her to get hurt because of me," I said, trying to explain myself.

"Yes, she could get hurt but I think that's more of an excuse. You're scared," Jonah said, laughing a little.

"Scared of what?!" I asked.

"Scared to have a relationship again. Scared that she will decline. Scared to fall deeper in love. You're scared," he said.

"Maybe I'm a little scared but that doesn't change the fact that us dating is dangerous," I said once again.

"Just shut up about that. You've taken risks before why can't you take a small risk that has a bigger reward: Brayden," he said.

"You're right. I've got something planned, thanks Jonah you're the best," I said, walking to get to class.

"No problem," he yelled.

I'm going to ask Brayden to prom. I've never gone to homecoming or prom but maybe it's time. It's my senior year so it's gotta be good. If the night goes well and I'm ready to take the risk I will ask her to be my girlfriend. I just need a huge romantic gesture for my special girl.

I made it to class and all I could think about was asking Brayden to prom. Every time I thought about it butterflies would form in my stomach, I'm so nervous.

•••

Class was over and I ran to the store to pick up some stuff. I bought various different balloons, flowers, lights and a banner. Now I just need to call someone so I can start decorating.

"Corbyn? What's up?!" Leah asked, answering the phone.

"Hey. So I'm asking Brayden to prom and" I tried to explain but Leah started freaking out and cut me off.

"YOURE ASKING BRAYDEN TO PROM AHHHH!" She screamed.

"It's not that big of a deal," I said laughing.

"You've never asked someone to prom," she said.

"I know I'm really nervous," I said.

"Awwwww," she said.

"Ok so I want to decorate her room but I need you to keep her out of the house. Can you do that for me?" I asked, hoping she could help.

"Of course, Emery and I will keep her busy," she said, I could tell she was smiling on the other side of the phone.

"Thanks so much Leah, this means everything to me," I said.

"No problem Bean, love you," she said.