chapter 12!

Corbyn's POV

My dad gave me more information about my mission today. He gave me the address, but no explanation. I now have one month left to finish this mission.

Ever since I saw my dad by the cells he's been even more distant. He doesn't even talk to me. He only talks to me about missions... nothing else. I'm honestly ok with that because as the days go by I get more afraid of him.

I don't know what to do about the mission. I don't want to disappoint my dad, I've never had his approval and maybe for once I could.

I was planning on attempting to get closer with my dad so I could find out where my mom could possibly be.

Suddenly, I had an idea. It was a risky idea but it might be worth it.

My dad already left for work so he wasn't here.

I went to his room and grabbed the phone. I went through the previous calls and pulled up the phone number from the day I was in his room and clicked on it.

It rang five times and then the man answered.

Crap. I should have planned what I was going to ask before calling.

I cleared my throat and made sure my voice sounded deep and manly.

"Hello. It's Ray, I'm calling you back," I said nervously but still staying in character.

"What do you mean? You already called me back," the man said.

"Oh yeah. Sorry my memory is terrible," I said.

"Okk. Anyway has the boy found out anything?" The man asked.

I'm guessing the boy is me.

"No, not that I know of," I said.

"What could he possibly know and how?" I asked, trying to find out more without blowing my cover.

"Well he could know the location of Melissa know especially since he was so close to where she was. I'm thinking we need to move her to a different location," he said, in deep thought.

"Yeah. Maybe," I said, trying to sound like I agreed.

"Well, my son is home go to go," I said.

"Bye," said the man and he hung up.

Ok this is perfect. I don't have much time though. It won't be long before my mom gets moved. It won't be long before the man finds out it wasn't my dad on the phone with him.

I had to move fast.

I grabbed my emergency bag and ran out the door.

No. Noo. I forgot I only have my bike. I'll never get to headquarters on time.

I tried calling Jonah but he didn't answer.

This wouldn't have been my first choice but I called Leah.

"Hey corbs!" She said.

"Hey. Leah can you come to my house, I'll explain when you get here," I said and then hung up, probably cutting her off.

I walked back and forth, pacing around the house. I haven't told Leah I'm an agent yet. What if she is scared or what if she doesn't want to be my friend anymore. I felt anxious.

I suddenly heard a car horn and ran out the door, making sure to lock it.

"So... what's going on?" Leah asked, looking scared.

"I need a huge huge favor," I said, already regretting doing this.

"Ok. Spill," she said.

"Ok so basically I'm an agent but not the good kind and I'm trying to find my mom who is actually alive by the way if you didn't know. Anddddd I only have my bike so I need you to drive me to the agency's headquarters and drive me back home after," I said really fast, squinting my eyes the entire time.