chapter 41!

Brayden's POV

I had to wake up early for my first veterinary class this morning. I discovered that Soleil isn't a morning person and takes forever in the bathroom.

"Soleil, hurry up, everything doesn't revolve around you," I yelled into the door while banging on it.

"I'm trying to do my makeup!" She yelled.

"Your face looks fine, now hurry," I screamed.

After what seemed like an hour but was only five minutes she came of the the bathroom with mascara smudged above her eyelid.

"What happened?" I asked, trying not to laugh.

"You were rushing me!" She said in frustration.

"So this is my fault?" I asked.

"Yeah, it is."

"Whatever," I said, walking past her into the bathroom. A few minutes later, I hear a knock on the door but I'm already in the shower.

"It's Alex!" I heard.

"I'm getting the door Brayden!" Soleil yelled.

"Hey Alex!" I heard Soleil say, she probably had a flirtatious smile.

"Where's Brayden?" He asked, completely dismissing her greeting.

"She's in the shower," she said with an attitude.

"Oh, I'll just wait here," I heard him say.

I then tuned out the rest of their conversation because I couldn't care less.

•••

"Why are you ignoring Corbyn?" Alex asked me.

"I'm not ignoring him," I said.

"Yeah you are, he told the guys and the guys told me that he called you 23 times and you didn't answer," Alex said.

"I just didn't see his calls," I lied.

"You didn't happen to see any of the calls, out of 23 of them?" Alex questioned, not believing my front.

"Yeah, I didn't see any of them."

"That's crap and you know it. Why are you ignoring him?"

"I don't know, I just don't want to miss him. If I talk to him and hear his cute voice, then I'll miss him and rethink this whole stupid plan," I said, feeling stressed out.

"But that doesn't mean you ignore him. He's freaking out and thinks you aren't interested anymore."

"Of course I'm interested."

"Well it doesn't seem like it. Not from his perspective at least."

"Well I am."

"Did you ever think about how this would affect Corbyn? Did you put his feelings into consideration?" Alex queried.

"Not really," I said hesitantly.

"Exactly. Don't you think he misses you too? He doesn't like the distance either but at least he's making an effort to keep the relationship going," Alex explained.

"Is today make Brayden feel guilty day because you're pretty good at it," I said.

"Maybe it is," he said laughing.

"I'll call him later. Happy now?" I asked.

"Yea, in fact I am," he said.

"Ok great. This is my class so I'll see you after," I said.