chapter 14!

Corbyn's POV

I couldn't stop thinking about my mother so I decided to go back to where she was to see if she was still there.

I left early and walked there since I did not want to ask for a ride again. It took me over an hour but I eventually got to Greendale. I moved the table and walked down the ladder. This time I brought gloves this time so my hands wouldn't slip from the ladder.

I ran as fast as I could. All I could think of was my mother and how I miss her. I ran faster than I ever had and suddenly had a moment of deja vu. I felt like I was running in my dream for a moment.

I ignored the feeling and made my way to were she was last time. I hope she's still there.

Thankfully, she was still there. She was staring at the ceiling, throwing some thing at the wall. I walked up quietly because I didn't want to startle her.

I knocked on the window and she turned around and looked at me confused.

"Who are you?" She asked.

"I-I'm Corbyn, your son," I said quietly.

"You're my son?!" She asked with wide eyes.

"Yes," I said looking at her, nodding.

"I don't remember you very much," she said. My heart sunk. My own mother doesn't remember who I am. I felt my heart break into a million pieces.

"Why are you here?" She asked.

"I came to see you and possibly help you, but if you don't remember me then I don't know what to do.." I said sadly.

"Don't help me. I don't want you getting stuck here too. It'll make you insane. It made me insane," she said, raising her voice and pointing at herself.

"But I miss you," I said tearing up.

"You don't miss me. I might not even be your mother," she said with no emotion.

"I do miss you. I have a picture with you, see?" I said as I pulled out a picture of us at Disney world in front of the roller coaster space mountain, my favorite ride.

"That's me. But I don't remember that or you," she said.

I stood there, wanting to cry. I held in my tears, after all I am a man and real men don't cry.

"I'm sorry, Curbin." She said.

"It's fine. How do I get you out of here anyways?" I asked her, ignoring that she pronounced my name wrong.

"There is a passcode and facial recognition," she said.

"I'm coming back for you," I said.

"Here take this," I said slipping her a location tracker.

"What is this?" She asks observing its features.

"Its a location tracker. Just in case they move you I can find you, I designed it." I said feeling proud.

"Ok," she said.

"Don't let anyone find it," I said.

"I won't. Thanks.. uhh Corbyn," she said saying my name right, like she cared this time.

"No problem, I gotta go," I said.

I ran out, and quickly climbed up the ladder, dreading my walk back home.

As I walked I observed everything going on around me. The weather was the definition of perfect. It was sunny with a breeze, probably 70 degrees. The weather really changed my mood. I felt almost, optimistic.