chapter 6!

Corbyns POV

I tried not to feel bad about what I had said to Brayden.

After all, I have had to do this to many girls. But it never felt this wrong.

My whole body was aching to run back into the greenhouse and apologize. I wanted to hold her in my arms again.

I know that she will be better off though and that's all that matters.

I parked my car and walked inside my house.

I wish I was still in that greenhouse because now I have to talk to my dad.

I open the door quietly, hoping to be unnoticed.

Unfortunately, he's standing right by the door starting at me with a look of disappointment.

"You're finally home," he said.

"Yeah," I said back. I didn't need him to state the obvious. Gosh he really gets on my nerves.

"Come sit down, son," he said pointing to the chair by the ancient dining room table.

I sat down and tried to hide the fact that I was nervous.

"I have a new mission for you," he said with a serious tone.

"What is it?" I asked.

"Well, you are not going to like this one." He said hesitating. "But I know you can handle it because you've done it before."

I tried to think of what it might be.

"The CBA needs you to kill someone for organizational purposes," he said with cold blood as if it wasn't anything perverse.

You're probably thinking I'm some crazy serial killer.

I promise I'm not but I warned you I'm not the best person.

I'm not proud of being a one time murderer but remember, I grew up into this kind of lifestyle. It wasn't my choice.

I had once killed a middle aged man who was trying to corrupt the CBA. I didn't know who he was or anything about him, and I'd like to keep it that way. If I knew about his personal life it would feel wrong, like I really am killing a person.

I was still shocked to hear this from my father. I knew it was coming again at some point, but I did not think it would be this soon.

"Seriously?" I asked my dad.

"Does this face look like I'm joking?" He said pointing to his face which was completely blank.

"No," I answered.

He continued to tell me details about the plan.
It was a girl this time. That doesn't seem right.
He told me how I need to kill her in the next few months. I just can't believe I'm going to do this... again. I thought that would be the last time. I just need to get this over with.

Once my dad had finished talking to me I was exhausted. It was only 7:00pm but I went to sleep.

•••

I woke up around 9am.

I decided to go see if my dad was in his room to ask him a question.

My relationship with my dad isn't the best. We never talk about anything but the organization. Ever since mom died he doesn't seem to want to be involved in my life.

As I walked into his room I saw that it was empty.

I decided to snoop around. Which probably wasn't the best idea but at this point I don't care. He already hates me.