chapter 39!

Brayden's POV

I packed my things, placing Corbyn's items in a separate box. His hoodies, his books, his pants, one of his cups, they all brought back so many memories. I felt as if when I boxed these items away, I was boxing up those memories as well.

I didn't feel like seeing Corbyn, so I decided to ship his box to Jonah's house.

I made sure I gathered all my belongings and I turned off my lights as I left my room. I rolled my suit case down the hall and into the kitchen.

"Are you ready?" My mom asked.

"Yeah," I sighed, taking a deep breath as if it would prepare me for the journey that awaits.

"Ok, let's go," she said.

My mom drove me to the local airport so I could get on the next flight. I stepped out of the car and my mom jumped out to give me a hug goodbye.

"Bye sweetie, I know you are going to do amazing. Call me anytime you need anything. I love you so much. I'm going to miss you," she said while squeezing me tight.

"Thank you for everything mom. I wouldn't be here without you. I love you too," I said squeezing her back.

I waved and walked into the airport, turning around a few times to wave with a smile.

As I walked into the airport it was crowded with screaming children, stressed adults and adorable couples. In the corner I see Corbyn reading a book, I quickly walk past hoping he doesn't notice. His glance leaves the book as he watches me walk. He opens his mouth to say something and stops, looking back down at his book. We already said our goodbyes.

Soon enough I am boarding the plane and sitting next to a stranger. The plane ride consisted of me sleeping, eating, reading and watching a movie. It was quite mundane and my foot kept falling asleep.

When we arrived to the area closest to the college I got off the plane and went to claim my luggage.

Once I left the airport, I took out my phone looking at the map of the town. I felt like I was in a movie. The new scenery, the feeling of hope and unfamiliarity. I was excited, excited to start a new life.

I gazed around at the area around me. Palm trees, tall buildings, bright skies, I love it already. I decided the first thing I wanted to do was get my items situated in my dorm which wasn't far. It took me about 10 minutes to walk there. As I stood before the huge campus I took a deep breath and then walked in.

•••

"This would be your side of the room and this would be mine," my roommate Soleil said pointing to the different sides.

"Ok," I said with a smile walking in with Alex who had finally arrived.

"Is this your boyfriend?" Soleil asked looking at Alex.

"Most definitely not," I said looking at Alex with a disgusted look and he gave me one back.

"Brother?" She asked, still digging for answers.

"No!" Alex said.

"Then what?" Soleil asked with frustration.

"Body guard," I stated hesitantly. Alex glared his eyes at me as we waited for Soleil's reaction.

"You have a body guard? Are you famous or something?" She asked raising her voice.

"Something like that," I said with a smile.

"I like you already and your body guard is hot!" She exclaimed.

"I get that a lot," Alex said with a nod.

"Oh shut up, will you?" I said pushing Alex.

"Just stating the facts here," He defended. "I'm going to get some food, do you want anything?"

"Chipotle?" I pleaded with a big smile.

"Fine, I'll be back," he said walking out of the door.

"He's cute and buys you food, why aren't you dating him?" Soleil asked surprised.

"Because I have a boyfriend," I explained.

"Oh, can I have Alex then?" She asked.

"Sure," I said, slightly annoyed.

"Your phones ringing," she said handing it to me.

I picked up the phone smiling at seeing Corbyn's contact photo.

"Hey, how are you?" He asked.

"I'm fine, Alex and I are already arguing again," I said with a laugh.

"I'm not surprised," Corbyn said with a chuckle.

"Are you at the college?" He asked.

"Yeah, how close are you?"

"A couple more hours until we get to Connecticut."

"Text me when you get there," I said.

"Bye Bray, I wish you the best," he said.

"You too," I said and hung up.

"Was that your boyfriend?" She asked.

"Yeah, but it complicated right now," I said.

"Long distance?"

"Yeah, it already sucks," I said with a frown.

"If I were you, I'd break up with him. He's most likely going to cheat on you," she said.

"Corbyn's not like that," I said shaking my head.

"I'm just warning you," she said, getting up to get a bag of chips.

I thought about what she said and it made me wonder. Will this long distance relationship work out?