chapter 47!

Brayden's POV

I sat in class, half asleep, listening to the teacher talk. I probably should be paying attention but I can't seem to get my mind off Corbyn. What if he was telling the truth? What if I am in danger right now? I don't know the truth but I don't feel like putting my life on hold for something, when I don't have the full story. If he doesn't want to tell me what's going on then I don't know if I want to trust him. As I was thinking I saw a text from Grayson.

Gray: What do you say we ditch this class and do something fun?
Bray: I'm not skipping class!
Gray: Chicken.
Gray has changed your name to Chicken
Chicken: Change it back!
Gray: Skip class with me.
Chicken: Change it back first.
Gray has changed your name to Bray.
Bray: Okay, let's go :)
Gray: yay :)

I looked at him, winked and raised my hand to use the bathroom. About a few minutes later I see Grayson running out of the class towards me.

"So what do you want to do?" Grayson asked me standing with his arms crossed.

"We could go out to eat somewhere," I said.

"Sounds good to me," he said with a shrug.

"First we need to go to my room and get my purse," I said.

"Ok, let's go," he said and followed me to my room.

"I'm pretty sure my soul mate is a bag of sour gummy worms," Grayson said with a smile as we walked up the stairs.

"I just ate a whole bag of those yesterday, no joke," I said with a laugh.

"You monster, that was the love of my life," Grayson said while fake crying.

"Sorry."

Suddenly Grayson poked me as we were almost to my room. "Hey."

"What is it?"

"Wink."

"Did you just say 'wink'?" I asked.

"I can't wink," he shrugged.

"So should I imagine you winking at me right now?" I asked with a laugh.

"Yes, yes you should."

"Ok I am," I said with a laugh.

I never thought about it until now, but Grayson is actually really cute. His dimples are so prominent when he smiles and his eyes are a deep brown. Suddenly a wave of guilt came over me, I'm with Corbyn. Stop Brayden.

I smiled at Grayson while I unlocked my door. He walked in with me as I looked for my purse. I searched my room, under my bed, in the kitchen and under the couch but I couldn't find it anywhere.

"Grayson! I can't find my purse!" I screamed.

"It's okay, I'll help you look for it!" He yelled back. We both separately searched the dorm and met back with each other.

"Did you find it?" He asked me.

"Does it look like I found it?" I asked yelling.

"I was just asking, gosh." Grayson said in annoyance.

"If I don't find this purse, I'm going to cry. It has all my money, all my cards. Basically everything I use on a daily basis. Not to mention it's my moms purse-" I was interrupted by a feeling of warm lips on mine. I hadn't kissed someone in a while. To my surprise, I found myself kissing him back softly. Then someone pushed the door we had left cracked open, open. Grayson and I didn't realize until I heard a voice yelling.

"Brayden?" Corbyn yelled. I immediately pulled away from Grayson.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, flustered.

"I came to get you out of Florida," he said, clenching his jaw.

"I'm sorry, it's just happened, I didn't mean to," I yelled.

"I don't want to hear it," he said shaking his head.

"Brayden, you never told me you had a boyfriend, I would have never tried to kiss you then," Grayson said and left.

"You know, I trusted you." Corbyn said, anger laced in his words.

"I'm truly sorry, please forgive me," I yelled.

"I don't know if I can, I don't think you understand how badly it hurt to see you with another guy."

"We are just friends and he kissed me, I didn't kiss him," I said in my defense.

"Brayden, stop lying, I saw the kiss, it was mutual," Corbyn said raising his voice.

"Does this change anything? I still love you, it's just been driving me insane," I said, tearing up.

"Does this change anything? You cheated on me! I wish I could say it changes things, but I still love you the same. It's driving me insane too," He said running his hands through his hair, causing it to stick up in all directions.

"Can we just forget this? I'm sorry. I messed up, I know. But I love you and I just want to be with you, I don't care what happens anymore, I don't," I said staring into Corbyn's eyes.

He stared at me for awhile. He looked angry and happy which was a weird combination. He then walked away.

"Corbyn, please don't leave," I said.

"I'm sorry, but I can't forgive this, at least not right now. I love you Brayden, I do but I'm sorry," He said continuing to walk away. I then roughly grabbed his arm and turned him around. He escaped from my grib and rubbed his arm.

"Am I in danger?" I asked.

"Yes," Corbyn said yelling at me.

"Well what do you want me to do then?" I yelled back.

"I don't know, just get out of Florida," he said lookin stressed out.

"So I'm not going with you anymore? You came all this way just to leave?"

"I guess so. I didn't think I would come to see you kissing another boy," he said, clenching his jaw.

"Fine. Just get out of my room," I said, out of anger.

"Fine," He said and left. I then slammed the door behind him and ran to my bed. I curled up in a ball and began to cry. The first tear slowly rolled down my cheek, the next tears were more rapid. I don't know what just happened. Did we just break up? I don't know. Did I just loose the love of my life? Maybe.